Location: Athens | Office requirement: Hybrid | Employment type: permanent | Seniority level: associate
We’re looking for a research manager to join us here at GWI. Not just any research manager though. Someone ambitious and genuine, who works best in the midst of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. That’s because as a GWIer you’ll be immersed in the fast-moving world of data tech. We think big to make an impact, we’re not afraid to ask why, and we always show respect. Those values are what got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
About the job
First and foremost, this Research Manager is responsible for delivering our primary project in the business. This survey/dataset is the largest, global, ongoing study into the digital consumer in the world.
Whilst the Research Manager works under the guidance of the leader of the project, they are responsible for coordinating and leading the rest of the team made up of Junior to Senior Research Executives.
There is massive scope to continually improve and elevate this project and we want someone to come in with those ideas and who is comfortable with change, autonomy and going into the unknown.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborating with the Senior Research Manager across all stages of our primary dataset development- from questionnaire design through to scripting, overseeing fieldwork, data speccing, data quality checking, communicating to the business and everything else that comes with running a tracker.
- Ensuring absolute data quality of the research, and driving forward new quality standards and optimisation of processes.
- Working closely with Data and Engineering teams. We’re constantly looking to innovate and automate, through collaboration with these teams.
- Consulting with our Revenue and Data Products teams on content changes and decisions, coordinating quarterly content updates.
- Coordinating the work of the project team amongst other researchers
- Managing, coaching and mentoring junior researchers
- Engaging team members and helping to create a positive and supportive work environment
First things first, as a disruptor in the global market research industry, we haven’t come this far without an entrepreneurial spirit and a get-up-and-go attitude. So if you think we’ll see that in you, then you’re already halfway there. Here’s the rest of what we’d like you to bring to the table.
- Experience running large, global surveys – from questionnaire writing to data delivery.
- Ability to manage content requests from internal and external stakeholders and devise high-quality questions and updates via consultations.
- Deep knowledge of survey scripting.
- Understanding of how to manage fieldwork across large surveys, including liaising with panel partners and translators.
- Ability to make recommendations and make decisions which will shape the direction of our content strategy, and convince stakeholders why the approach is the right one.
- Experience using Confluence, Jira and Qualtrics - not essential
- Ability to set personal objectives for team members, including translating business goals/strategy into personal goals.
- Good understanding of the challenges that come with running syndicated surveys.
- A relentless focus on quality, including familiarity with quality fail processes and quality checking.
- Enthusiasm for managing and coaching junior researchers.
Great benefits make a big difference. Not just to employees, but to the whole vibe of a business. That’s why when you work for us, you’ll enjoy a full spectrum of generous perks, rewards, and office benefits.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- 25 days holiday and Christmas office closure days on top
- Allocated shares according to GWI’s share scheme
- A range of discounts and freebies
- LinkedIn Learning and ongoing Learning and Development opportunities
- Enhanced primary caregiver and co-caregiver’s benefits
- Flexitime and a great work-life balance
- Private health insurance plan
- Referral bonus scheme
- Mobile phone contract
- Early finishes on Fridays
- A well-stocked fridge and plenty of snacks (some healthy, some not so healthy)
- Restaurant Ticket card option
- Commit a working day to charity each year
- Social activities and team outings
Who we are
GWI was founded with the knowledge that understanding your audience is really important for business. When you know who you’re speaking to and why, you can create content and campaigns that stand out to the people who matter.
Through our global online survey, we gather data on the behavior and perceptions of consumers across the world. This provides businesses with deep, actionable insights on their audience, revealed from data they trust.
It’s been going well, too. Since launching in 2009, we’ve become one of the UK’s fastest-growing target audience companies. We’re not about to stop growing any time soon. As a business, we’re on a mission to re-engineer data-driven marketing, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
Diversity & Inclusion
Imagine if our data came from just one kind of person. We’d get a very nuanced view of the world. And we definitely wouldn’t have got off the ground as a business.
Although things certainly aren’t perfect, we live in a society where differences are increasingly celebrated – so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. In fact, the GWI office is as diverse as our global data, it’s really important to us that it stays that way. This is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely, and make your mark.