Vice President of Legal, Compliance
About Hello Heart:
Hello Heart is the only digital therapeutics company to focus exclusively on heart disease, the leading cause of death for U.S. adults. Through a connected device and mobile app that uses AI, behavioral science, and personalized digital coaching to drive lifestyle changes, Hello Heart empowers people to embrace healthier behavior, which can reduce the risks of high blood pressure and heart disease. It also helps users catch blood pressure readings that are extremely high and encourages them to talk to their doctor to identify potential risk in time. Validated in peer-reviewed studies and trusted by leading Fortune 500 companies, Hello Heart is easy to use and works alongside an employer’s benefits ecosystem. Founded in 2013, Hello Heart is a member of the American Heart Association’s Innovators’ Network and is part of the CVS Health Point Solutions Management program. Hello Heart is backed by leading VCs including Stripes, Khosla Ventures, IVP, Blue Run and Resolute. Visit www.helloheart.com for more information.
About the Role:
As the Vice President of Legal, Compliance you will develop our organization's compliance programs from the ground up, stay abreast of trends and developments in digital heart health compliance, and maintain our compliance position as we scale. Reporting to the General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, you will contribute to the strategic management of risk, compliance, governance, contracts, and partnerships. This position requires less than 10% travel.
- Build and maintain a strong, right-sized healthcare compliance program, suited for the activities of dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Manage our privacy compliance program, ensuring compliance with HIPAA and relevant state privacy laws, including internal monitoring and CAPA management
- Advise the Executive Leadership Team on key compliance matters
- Partner with the organization to architect new, compliant business opportunities
- Contribute to the strategic management of risk, compliance, governance, contracts, and partnerships in the digital heart health space
- More than 10 years' compliance experience within the healthcare space
- In-depth knowledge of managed government healthcare programs, including Medicare Advantage
- Excellent communication, relationship-building, and change-management skills
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school
- Extensive experience in handling compliance-related matters, preferably within a corporate setting
Hello Heart has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for people who are collaborative, creative, and courageous. Oh, and if you want to see some recent evidence of the fun things we do at Hello Heart, check out our Instagram page.