Senior Data Engineer
About Hello Heart:
Hello Heart is the only digital therapeutics company to focus exclusively on heart disease, the leading cause of death for U.S. adults. Through a connected device and mobile app that uses AI, behavioral science, and personalized digital coaching to drive lifestyle changes, Hello Heart empowers people to embrace healthier behavior, which can reduce the risks of high blood pressure and heart disease. It also helps users catch blood pressure readings that are extremely high and encourages them to talk to their doctor to identify potential risk in time. Validated in peer-reviewed studies and trusted by leading Fortune 500 companies, Hello Heart is easy to use and works alongside an employer’s benefits ecosystem. Founded in 2013, Hello Heart is a member of the American Heart Association’s Innovators’ Network and is part of the CVS Health Point Solutions Management program. Hello Heart is backed by leading VCs including Stripes, Khosla Ventures, IVP, Blue Run and Resolute. Visit www.helloheart.com for more information.
Our Data Engineer will play an essential role by building the underlying infrastructures, collecting, storing, processing and analyzing large sets of data, while collaborating with researchers, architects, and engineers, in order to design and build high-quality data processing for our flows.
In this role, you are responsible for end-to-end development of the data pipeline and data models, working with major data flow that includes structured and unstructured data. You will also hold responsibility for operating parts of our production system. Your focus will be on developing and integrating systems that retrieve and analyzing data that influence people's lives. This role is based in the New York City Metropolitan Area and is a hybrid role working at least two days per week in our NYC office.
Our Technologies stack: Python, Spark, Airflow, DBT, Kafka, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Redis, Postgres, Elasticsearch, and more.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A technology enthusiast – who loves data and get shiver excitement from tech innovations
- Desire to know how things work and a greater desire to improve them
- Intellectual curiosity to find unusual ways to solve problems
- Comfortable taking on challenges and learning new technologies
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years experience of designing and implementing server-side Data solutions
- Proven experience in creating and optimizing big data processes, pipelines and architectures
- Proven experience with AWS ecosystem
- Proven experience with Kubernetes in Production
- Experience with at least one high-level system language (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Experience working on production grade projects
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with Apache Airflow - Advantage
- Familiarity with distributed systems and technologies (Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce) - Advantage
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $97,935 to $171,816. Salary ranges are determined by role and level. Compensation is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Hello Heart has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for people who are collaborative, creative, and courageous. Oh, and if you want to see some recent evidence of the fun things we do at Hello Heart, check out our Instagram page.