Staff Cloud Security Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Hyperscience is transforming the future of work to elevate human potential. Our human-centered approach to automation enables a new era of human and machine collaboration that delivers dramatically improved organizational agility, without the legacy cost and burden of change management. By combining data, people, and processes into digital assembly lines, the Hyperscience Platform turns complex processes into simple, configurable workflows. Our industry-leading machine learning technology continuously learns and evolves, to involve humans only when needed. For more information, please visit www.hyperscience.com.
We are looking for a Staff Cloud-focused Security Engineer who is excited for the challenge in securing cloud infrastructure deployments. As a member of a growing team in a fast-moving startup, this individual will have the opportunity to drive key cornerstones of our cloud security. If you love to code, have unique ideas in solving security issues, and are motivated by the challenge of securing a product relied on by some of the world’s largest companies, this role is for you.
- Develop and implement comprehensive cloud security architectures, considering all aspects of security including data protection, access controls, network security, and encryption.
- Identify vulnerabilities and risks associated to cloud deployments and CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborate with Engineers and Product Managers to recommend best security practices and help identify gaps in cloud deployments.
- Perform security reviews on pre-production and production infrastructure.
- Design and implement controls to detect and respond to attacks on our platform.
- Leverage tools and IaC (Infrastructure-as-code) to standardize security across different environments.
- Strong experience with Python and Bash scripting
- Strong understanding of containerization technology such as Docker and Kubernetes, and the ability to deploy hardened configurations using orchestration tools
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure-as-code technologies, such as Terraform
- Hands-on experience deploying and using multiple AWS cloud security products, such as Security Hub, GuardDuty, Inspector and WAF
- Hands-on experience deploying open source security tools to monitor the cloud infrastructure
- Experience using configuration management tools, such as AnsibleExperience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Gitlab and CircleCI
- Demonstrate the ability to manually exploit security flaws on cloud deployments
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Must be able to obtain and maintain US Security Clearance for specific responsibilities related to this role. US Citizenship is a requirement for US Security Clearance
- Top-notch healthcare for you and your family
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Flexible PTO with the approval of your manager
- 12 weeks of parental leave and an additional 4 weeks for birthing parents
- Stock options
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.