KHAITE is a leading fashion brand based in New York City, known for its modern and luxurious designs. With a commitment to craftsmanship and attention to detail, we create high-quality clothing and accessories that celebrate individuality and empower our customers to express their unique style.
Position: Merchandising Assistant
Location: NYC Office
- Support Planners and Merchants to analyze weekly & historical sales performance to identify drivers of trends, misses, opportunities
- Assist preparation weekly/monthly templates and tools used to support cross functional sales meetings
- Assist Merchandising team with the preparation of seasonal collections, inclusive of market and buying
- Communicate & distribute all critical merchandising information to key functional areas on a timely basis
- Communicate daily and develop working relationships with the cross functional Design, Sales, Product Management, and Visual Merchandising teams
- Support in management of the Merchandise Calendar; aid in mining data and information delivered at key milestone dates through all cross-functional teams
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather and compile product training assets and collection tools under the leadership of merchants
- General office support and sample coordination
- Support in competitive pricing analysis and ensure seasonal tools are up to date with most relevant competitor pricing
- Accurate & timely data entry & system updates for all merchandising buy plans, line sheets, change forms and master files, to ensure all cross-functional team members are in alignment
Business Reporting, Data & Analysis
- Assist in all administrative functions that support the category assortment strategies
- Consistent analysis of the DTC business; including understanding product performance, nuances of climate and location to identify sales opportunity and inform future store clusters and assortments
- Communicate regularly with store managers to capture anecdotal feedback on product performance, competitive analysis and adjust store profiling
- Works with Merchants to manage monthly receipt log setup and cleanup as needed for OTB
- Support in data entry and systems clean-up
- Support in pre-market functions inclusive of but not limited to preparing hindsights, cross checking data and collection content, building masters file, entering pricing into systems
- Creates and maintains planning assortments & ranked assortments to ensure all documents are consistently accurate
- Manage seasonal documents to make sure key seasonal messaging and investments are represented in visual merchandising, creative services (windows/mannequins) and marketing (in store + digital) communications
- Responsible for requesting all carryover samples and ensuring updated photography needs are met prior to market
- Support in pre-market photoshoots
- Supports in all sample management, packing and shipping of samples through pre-season and in-season.
- Partner with Design and Product Management to ensure merchandising line sheets are accurately maintained & distributed on a timely basis
- Partner with Product Management to ensure accurate on-order, delivery flow, change control & calendar adherence
In-season Business Management
- Report management (generate & analyze on a daily basis to include sales/inv. reports, best/worst selling reports, and ad hoc requests)
- Partner with planning and allocation (shipping recaps, communicate late deliveries and/or cancels, present monthly assortment strategies, review PO logs)
- Track goods to ensure timely arrival for rollouts, emails, and catalogues
- Develop further understanding of the business through store visits and building close relationships with store managers
- Aid in product knowledge training sessions and ensuring global teams are updated with important training information
- Partner with e-commerce merchandising and photo teams to ensure product accuracy and propose enhancements
- Ensures that upcoming marketing/email schedule aligns with most updated product flow
- Consistently monitors competitor’s websites and emails to be informed on industry trends and promotions
Requirements: (skills, qualifications, education, etc.)
- College degree required
- 2+ years of luxury retail or financial experience or very strong internship experience required
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
- Very high knowledge of Excel (macros, v-lookups, pivot tables, formulas)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & teamwork skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to multiple task in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Annual range $50,000 - 60,000. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon the candidates' relevant skills and experience. Other benefits include a company bonus plan, employee discounts, clothing allowance, medical, dental, vision, a 401k plan and other ancillary benefits.
KHAITE is an equal opportunity employer. We want to offer an inclusive environment of mutual respect where we welcome diversity and all our employees feel included, developed, and heard. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. KHAITE recruits and recognizes all types of talent and singularities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.