KHAITE is a leading fashion brand based in New York City, known for its modern and luxurious designs. With a commitment to craftsmanship and attention to detail, KHAITE creates high-quality clothing and accessories that celebrate individuality and empower our customers to express their unique style.
Working closely with key stakeholders, the Director of Events will be a key partner to the VP, Marketing. The position manages the flow and tasks of events as they come up and acts as an integral facilitator to support the VP to help manage flawless execution of show and event logistics. Equipped with strong management skills, attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage multiple vendors, projects, tasks and navigate budgets, negotiations, and technical complexities of each project. The position is key to ensuring success in conceptualizing and delivery of events as part of the 360 PR approach for global retail and Wholesale, and press event concepts ensuring KHAITE is viewed as world class when it comes to events and brand experiences. The Director, Events must be able to think strategically while also being hands-on in overseeing the day-to-day execution of the agreed upon strategy with a focus on clients, people, and brand desirability. The role will require travel both domestically and internationally, with frequency.
- Designing and partnering with Marketing + PR colleagues on events such as runway shows, tentpole seasonal moments, product launches, collaborations, boutique opening concepts and VIC/Private Client experience programs.
- Uphold and promote KHAITE’s brand ideals through vendors and freelancers within industry.
- Partnering on the conceptualizing of strategic events linked to retail objectives to support KHAITE’s business goals.
- Sourcing, curating and maintaining new vendors, sites and innovative ways of keeping KHAITE relevant within the industry and amongst competitors.
- Work cross functionally to conceptualize the most innovative and best in class events that can be tailored for press, consumer and internal.
- Work cross functionally to develop and plan best practice strategies and ensure all cross functional partners are clear on deliverables, timelines, and roles and responsibilities.
- Develop and manage the overall event processes and proactively develop various components (including event concept, décor, entertainment, social activations, etc.)
- Act as a central point of contact for Marketing ,PR, Wholesale, and VIC teams on event concept and delivery.
- Source and manage production companies, agencies and vendors to ensure they are meeting the specific design direction and guidelines that are in line with KHAITE’s strategy, brand, image & budget.
- Foster and maintain relationships within the events industry and appropriate event vendors.
- Provide support for VP of Marketing and cross-functional team leaders with necessary management skills for both day-to-day project responsibilities, agency and client relationships within the events industry and appropriate event vendors.
- Working knowledge of budgets and negotiations.
- 10 years of relevant experience
- College degree
- Proven relationships with event design and production contacts in the luxury fashion industry
- Knowledge and understanding of the Luxury industry, designers, vendors and industry credibility.
- Experience and cultural understanding of global markets and event practices overseas in the luxury market.
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment and actively engage both colleagues, vendors and Freelancers in open communication.
- Strong organization and time management skills, ability to multitask.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation and budget acumen
The rate of pay is $130,000 to $170,000. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon the candidates' relevant skills and experience. Other benefits include a company bonus plan, clothing discounts, medical, dental, vision, a 401k plan and other ancillary benefits.
KHAITE is an equal opportunity employer. We want to offer an inclusive environment of mutual respect where we welcome diversity and all our employees feel included, developed, and heard. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. KHAITE recruits and recognizes all types of talent and singularities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.