Sr. Designer, Wovens
About The Company:
KHAITE is a luxury fashion brand based in New York renowned for its modern yet timeless aesthetic, offering a sophisticated blend of elevated essentials and statement pieces. Founded by Catherine Holstein in 2016, KHAITE has quickly gained recognition for its impeccable craftsmanship, attention to detail, and commitment to quality materials. KHAITE is distributed through wholesale partners, e-retailers, khaite.com, and retail stores in NYC. The brand has a global presence across the US, Europe, and Asia.
In partnership with the Design Director, manage all aspects of the design process; maintaining the aesthetic and integrity of KHAITE the needs of the business.
- The ideal candidate has a strong background in Tailoring fit and garment construction.
- You will be expected to collaborate with the Design Director in identifying seasonal concepts, colors, prints and silhouettes relevant to KHAITE.
- It is important that this person is highly collaborative and hands on in their approach
- Research and stay up to date with industry trends and techniques related to Wovens category and garment construction
- Prepare presentation and maintain sketch boards
- You will be responsible for managing design process from concept inception to PP
- Have strong hand and technical drawing skills
- Ability to do 3d draping and mock-up development
- Partner with Technical Design and pattern makers to insure Fit
- Develop and execute technical specifications and construction details for new designs, ensuring they align with the brands aesthetic and quality standards.
- Participate in fitting on live models or dress form, evaluating techniques, fit and overall design
- Adhere to and enforce all Design and development deadlines
- Occasional travel to factories both domestic and overseas
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design
- 7+ years management experience with an internationally recognized high-end or luxury brand
- Excellent free hand and technical drawing skills
- Proficient technical knowledge of garment construction and fit evaluation
- Proficiency in using industry- standard software such as Adobe illustrator, photoshop, indesign
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects while sticking to deadlines
- Strong communication, planning, forecasting, and analytical skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration with cross functional teams
- Proactive, and positive attitude taking initiative and driving workflow
- Ability to be agile and nimble
The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon the candidates' relevant skills and experience. Other benefits include a company bonus plan, clothing discounts, medical, dental, vision, a 401k plan and other ancillary benefits.
KHAITE is an equal opportunity employer. We want to offer an inclusive environment of mutual respect where we welcome diversity and all our employees feel included, developed, and heard. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. KHAITE recruits and recognizes all types of talent and singularities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.