Marketing Manager, UK & Ireland
The Future of Beauty is here and it’s thrilling. We’re looking for innovative thinkers and rebellious spirits to join our team.
Kosas is a next-level clean beauty brand that’s about revealing, expressing, and feeling comfy in your skin. It’s good makeup (not no makeup) that’s quick, easy, can’t mess it up. And it’s clinically proven to actually make your skin better, even when it’s bare. So you can look like your favorite self every single day.
Founded in 2015, we have become a globally loved award-winning makeup and skincare brand. Our products are market share leaders, our growth has been explosive, and we have big plans ahead! We launched into UK retail stores in March 2023 via Space NK and Sephora UK to strong reception, but we’re just getting started.
About the Role
Due to this exciting growth, we are looking for our first full-time UK based employee to lead on all marketing and communications efforts. Working in close partnership with LA HQ, this role offers a great opportunity to define and shape the future of an ambitious brand, and will suit a highly creative, hands on, digital-first, analytical and dynamic marketing professional with a strong background in scaling brands. This person will be entrepreneurial and a self-starter, ready to be involved in all parts of the business, exude confidence and have a can-do attitude. In this role, no days are the same and you feel the impact quickly. Most importantly - you love Kosas as much as we do!
We are looking for a leader who has been there before and can articulate strategic recommendations and a plan to deliver, but who is also happy to roll up their sleeves and build Kosas into the most loved brand in the UK from ground zero with operational excellence. We will of course grow the team in time, but for now will be the only role dedicated to the region.
This role will manage several key relationships and stakeholders across the business in the UK, with various KPIs and brand goals to juggle. As such, strong communication and collaboration skills, organization and creative insight are central to this role.
What You'll Contribute
Brand & Product
- Partner with the Global team to localise key brand messaging and target consumer segments for the UK & Ireland market
- Understand and communicate to Global Marketing market trends and competitive landscape, online and offline, across UK & Ireland
- Recommend localised product assortment and marketing strategies
- Design and execute brand awareness strategy and plan - across all 360 Marketing touch points, including but not limited to OOH, digital campaigns, brand partnerships, eventing, PR, social advocacy
- Drive UK social media channel and content strategy thinking, in close partnership with Global Brand Marketing
- Lead on social advocacy strategy, development of activation plans and execution alongside the PR agency
- Identify new market opportunities to enable the brand to deliver long-term sustainable growth
- Manage the PR Agency to over-exceed their KPIs
- Local lead on managing wholesale marketing plans, developing the most effective commercial relationships to build Kosas into their leading makeup brand
KPIs & Budget
- Set and track all market KPIs
- Lead on investment recommendation plan for the market, and manage all P&L reporting and trackers, and processing of all finance needs with the global accounts team
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: work with the sales, product, brand marketing, e-commerce, and merchandising teams to achieve all the UK ambitions
Who You Are
- Extremely knowledgeable & passionate about beauty, digital and social media specific to the market in UK & Ireland - a trend-hunter and culture-watcher
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and getting things done
- Take ownership of the region and have the drive to succeed
- You see something not working and take action to fix it without waiting for direction
- Able to think of new and innovative ideas, creating the strategy for them and then executing to a high standard
- Creative & inspirational storyteller, always bringing fresh ideas to the table
- Agile, open-minded and skilled at delivering in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Positive and upbeat demeanor; natural relationship-builder
- Ability to balance creative and data-driven thinking
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 5-7 years of related experience in beauty; Space NK experience preferred
- Experience scaling brands in the UK market
- Proven results in driving social advocacy growth and engagement
- Experience partnering closely with wholesale partners
- Excellent communication & writing skills
Kosas is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regards to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Something looks off?