Project Manager, New Product Launch (Temporary)
The Future of Beauty is here and it’s thrilling. We’re looking for innovative thinkers and rebellious spirits to join our team.
Kosas is a next-level clean beauty brand that’s about revealing, expressing, and feeling comfy in your skin. It’s good makeup (not no makeup) that’s quick, easy, can’t mess it up. And it’s clinically proven to actually make your skin better, even when it’s bare. So you can look like your favorite self every single day. Our brand is currently distributed in Sephora, Mecca, and Credo, as well as on our branded website, kosas.com. Our products are market share leaders, our growth has been explosive, and we have big plans ahead!
As a Temporary Project Manager for New Product Launch, you will be responsible for planning and tracking progress through the entire lifecycle of a product, from concept to delivery. Through close partnerships with Product Development, Packaging, Operations and Creative partners, you will ensure new products are successfully launched on time. This position reports to our Director of Operations.
How You’ll Contribute
- Own creating and managing a detailed project plan complete with dependencies, owners, deadlines, and durations
- Own all projects connected to Product (New product launches, PR send outs, samples programs, sets)
- Observe and analyze cross departmental workflows and provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Design project dashboards, Gantt charts, and other helpful visuals to communicate information quickly and effectively, and ‘at-a-glance’ for all stakeholders
- Drive projects forward and help influence decision making.
- Ensure information and status is communicated effectively to all interested parties both internal and external to the organization
- Ensure timely completion of key projects and promotes effective communication across the entire organization
- Manage competing priorities and diplomatically create consensus within the group to rank priorities
- Facilitate, schedule, and manage timely project review meetings, run meetings efficiently and effectively, identify action owners for actions from meetings clearly and unambiguously, provide clear meeting recaps to attendees and stakeholders
- Manage multiple communication channels including Slack, Gmail, Voice, Text, Smartsheet
- Possess strong problem solving and analysis skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborate with company personnel and consultants, to assist in decision making, and promote a continuous improvement mindset
- Use adaptive communication style to work effectively with many individuals across the organization, and promote Kosas Team Values
- Work with Director of Operations to minimize costs associated with timeline delays, such as air freight and rush charges from manufacturers
Who You Are
- Must be a self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative and exceptional management skills
- Creative, collaborative team player
- Exemplary organizational skills, working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to facilitate meetings and drive decision making
- Able to maintain a balance between discipline and agility
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of project management experience in the beauty industry
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, Word, Excel, GSuite apps, and Slack
- Experience working with direct-to-consumer e-commerce brands and Sephora brands
What We Offer
- Company paid medical benefits
- Flexible spending account options
- 401k with company contribution
- Flexible paid vacation
- 40% off Kosas products
The range of base salary for this temporary position (6 months maximum) is between $2100-$2300 per week. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as experience, skillset, education, and work location.
Kosas is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regards to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.