Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager - Employee Life Cycle Management
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for managing our employee engagement and mobile products, ensuring they maintain their status as the highest rated in their category. Leveraging data-driven insights, you will be responsible for understanding user needs, and analyzing market trends to shape the product strategy, roadmap prioritization and drive business growth. Your focus will be on developing and optimizing user experiences, features, and functionality that align with our business goals, while constantly seeking opportunities for innovation and improvement. Additionally, you will need to be able to adapt quickly to changes in a fast-paced environment while balancing competing priorities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Drive user adoption and retention by understanding user needs and pain points.
- Utilize data analytics tools and techniques to extract meaningful insights and drive data-informed decision making.
- Analyze user behavior, market trends, and industry best practices to identify growth opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Define key success metrics and track performance against them, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Identify opportunities to improve the user onboarding experience and engagement.
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop and execute data-driven user acquisition and engagement strategies.
- Document and track progress of customer feature commitments
- Produce and review product requirements documents and coordinating development with engineering
- Write Release Notes for enhancements and features
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Maintain a development ready feature backlog
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly on schedule meeting quality standards
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 10+ Years of experience in Technology
- 5+ Years of experience as a Product Manager
- Product Management Professional or similar designation
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proven experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Background in software development and program management is preferred
- Prior experience working with Fintech or B2C solutions
- Proactive and able to command respect through intelligence, hard work, and persistence
- Personal passion and fervor for industry-leading next-generation technology
- Ability to operate in an environment with limited resources
- A great communicator who can distill powerful messages which resonate with customers
- Track record of building positive relationships with peers
- Continuous and thoughtful listener, able to learn from others and leverage input
- Strong personal work ethic focused on high priority issues; action and results-oriented
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character; demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior
Legion is on a mission to turn hourly jobs into good jobs, and we’re looking for best-in-class talent to drive this mission. Legion is a fully remote, mission-driven company focused on turning hourly jobs into good jobs. It’s a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced culture. You’ll have the opportunity to learn, interact directly with seasoned product executives, grow your skills, and enhance your career while helping solve important problems and achieve Legion’s mission. Our industry-leading, Intelligent Automation is powered by Legion’s Workforce Management (WFM) platform, which optimizes labor efficiency and enhances employee experience. In a recent Forrester Total Economic Impact study, Legion WFM was proven to deliver 13x ROI through schedule optimization, reduced attrition, increased productivity, and increased operational efficiency. Legion has been recognized for its innovative, modern approach to transforming workforce management – Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America, Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, JMP Securities’ Hot 100 List of the Best Privately Held Software Companies, and named a Gartner Cool Vendor. Legion is backed by Norwest Venture Partners, Stripes, First Round Capital, XYZ Ventures, Webb Investment Network, Workday Ventures, and NTT DOCOMO Ventures
BACKGROUND AND OPPORTUNITY
There are almost 75 million hourly workers in the United States, representing more than half of the entire workforce. Historically, managing hourly employees has been difficult due to high attrition (average of 60%) and high replacement costs (average of $3,200 per employee in retail). Now new challenges, such as the Great Resignation, make it more difficult to attract and retain hourly employees.The top reasons hourly employees leave their jobs are a lack of schedule empowerment, poor communication with employers, and an inability to get paid early. Gen Z and the millennial workforce demand gig-like flexibility, modern technology, and compelling work options.Legion’s mission is to turn hourly jobs into good jobs, serving the hourly workers who make up the majority of the US workforce. We believe in empowering employees and helping employers be efficient and innovative by enabling Intelligent Automation powered by Legion’s Workforce Management platform to optimize labor efficiency and enhance the employee experience simultaneously. Legion WFM was built for the cloud, designed to handle the complexity of modern businesses, and meet the needs of today’s hourly employees. Our team is comprised of dedicated individuals from all backgrounds and experiences, globally distributed across all time zones.
For more information, visit https://legion.co
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
At Legion, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to all employees. As a fully remote employer, pay for positions is determined using local, national, and industry-specific survey data. We strive to make competitive offers allowing employees room for future growth. Salaries will be based on the applicant’s location, level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and internal equity within the company for the same position.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Employer paid Health Benefits
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- Monthly Lunch on Legion
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Legion Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
Legion is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran, disability status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
How We Determine What We Pay
As a fully remote employer, Legion determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data. We evaluate external equity and the cost of labor/prevailing wage index in the relative marketplace for jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company. Our posted salary range is based on national data and may be refined for a candidate's region/town/cost of living. For new hires, we strive to make competitive offers allowing the new employee room for future growth. Salaries will be based on the applicant’s location, level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and internal equity within the company for the same position. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
Types of Personal Information We Handle
We collect, store, and use various types of personal information through the application and recruitment process. We collect such information either directly from you or (where applicable) from another person or entity, such as an employment agency or consultancy, background check provider, or other referral sources. This information includes:
- Identification and contact information, and related identifiers such as full name, date and place of birth, citizenship and permanent residence, home and business addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and such information about your beneficiaries or emergency contacts.
- Professional or employment-related information, including:
- Recruitment, employment, or engagement information such as application forms and information included in a resume, cover letter, or otherwise provided through any application or engagement process; and copies of identification documents, such as driver’s licenses, passports, and visas; and background screening results and references.
- Career information such as job titles; work history; work dates and work locations; information about skills, qualifications, experience, publications, speaking engagements, and preferences; and professional memberships
- Education Information such as institutions attended, degrees, certifications, training courses, publications, and transcript information.
- Legally protected classification information such as race, sex/gender, religious/ philosophical beliefs, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, nationality, ethnicity, request for family care leave, political opinions, and criminal history.
- Other information such as any information you voluntarily choose to provide in connection with your job application.
How We Use Personal Information
We collect, use, share, and store personal information from job applicants for our and our service providers’ business and operational purposes in the recruitment process such as: processing your application, tracking your application through the recruitment process, contacting references with your authorization, conducting background checks you authorize, and making hiring decisions. We will also use job applicant information for internal analysis purposes to understand the applicants who apply and to improve our recruitment process. We may sometimes need to use applicant information for legal purposes, such as in connection with any challenges made to our hiring decisions.
With Whom We Share Personal Information
We will disclose job applicant personal information to the following types of entities or in the following circumstances (where applicable):
- Internally: to other Legion personnel involved in the recruiting and hiring process.
- Vendors: such as technology service providers, travel management providers, human resources suppliers, background check companies, and employment agencies or recruiters, where applicable.
- Legal Compliance: when required to do so by law, regulation, or court order or in response to a request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency.
- Litigation Purposes: to seek legal advice from our external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party.
- Business Transaction Purposes: in connection with the sale, purchase, or merger.