Senior Software Engineer - Authorization
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product (privacy.com) that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure is known as Lithic, and it powers billions of dollars in payments for some of the most innovative companies in the world.
Lithic is a remote-first company and has a distributed team with an office in New York. That means that if you want to work remotely, you can! If you want to drop by the office or work fully in-person, you can do that, too! We’ve raised $100M+ from top-tier investors including Index, Bessemer, Stripes, and Tusk Venture Partners, with a recent Series C that will help us scale.
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer for our Authorization team to lead Lithic’s next phase of growth - you’ll be doing as much technical leadership as you will be writing code. The Authorization team maintains and builds the backend services that manage the flow of transactions between Lithic and external networks. The distributed systems we maintain have high standards of reliability and correctness. You will become an expert in the card payments space. The team uses a combination of Rust, C++, and Python.
- Ensure high reliability and correctness for Lithic’s card payment authorization
- Develop new authorization features and rules to better serve Lithic customers
- Ensure that the team is delivering reliable, secure, and scalable code with minimal tech debt
- Own initiatives from planning to launch, keeping stakeholders informed and aligned along the way
- Lead efforts to improve systems and processes both within the team and across engineering
- Help drive strategic planning in collaboration with the engineering manager and product manager
- Mentor, sponsor, and empower team members to help them grow
- Participate in the team on-call rotation
- Experience shipping in production environment and leading projects
- Advanced distributed system instincts and design skills
- Ability to lead large cross-functional projects and step in as a strong individual contributor
- A proven commitment to empathy and inclusion
- Excellent communication skills
- Growth mindset and continuous desire to learn and improve is a must
- An interest in fintech and the payments space is preferred
Base salary range for US candidates: $145,000 - $195,000
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) match