Senior Analytics Engineer
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product (privacy.com) that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure is known as Lithic, and it powers billions of dollars in payments for some of the most innovative companies in the world.
Lithic is a remote-first company and has a distributed team with an office in New York. That means that if you want to work remotely, you can! If you want to drop by the office or work fully in-person, you can do that, too! We’ve raised $100M+ from top-tier investors including Index, Bessemer, Stripes, and Tusk Venture Partners, with a recent Series C that will help us scale.
As an Analytics Engineer, you will be a vital part of our analytics team focused on refining our internal & external data products, instituting best practices and creating and maintaining vital business tools. You will be essential to ensuring our data systems are robust, efficient, and attuned to the ever-evolving needs of our business. This role is pivotal in enabling our analytics team and the broader organization to make data-informed decisions.
What you'll do
- Drive best practices in DBT core projects; design, build, and optimize for efficiency and scale.
- Combine business knowledge and stakeholders needs to provide self-serve data sets
- Create and maintain data definitions & documentation
- Centralize data across the business into Snowflake and provide simple ways for stakeholders to consume this data
- Create frameworks for data validation and governance
- Develop and sustain vital internal data tools
What you'll bring to the table
- Deep experience in Analytics Engineering or similar role
- Hands-on experience in building and optimizing DBT core projects.
- Strong SQL skills (Snowflake a plus)
- Experience with Python and Git (experience with Github actions a plus)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate between business concepts and technical implementations
- Comfort working in the absence of defined processes, prior art, or existing query patterns
- Operational familiarity with Airflow and Retool is a plus
- Fintech experience is a plus
Salary Band: $145,000 - $195,000
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) match
- Life Insurance and AD&D policy
- 3% cashback on all Privacy purchases