Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Memfault is seeking an accomplished leader to scale our growing Marketing and Growth organization. If you have experience executing high level marketing strategies across content, web, digital, partnerships, events, and sales enablement in the developer space, you may be a great fit for the role. You will own our pipeline generation numbers, lead a team of about 15 people, and have full control over all of our key marketing assets such as Interrupt, the top blog for embedded software content to supercharge our sales-led growth efforts. As SVP of Growth, you will report directly to the CEO, join the executive team in steering the overall strategy of the Company, and present regularly to the Board of Directors. This position is open to candidates in the United States, with EST (specifically Boston and NYC) locations preferred
- Significant Marketing leadership experience, with past experience growing marketing and business development teams at Series B and Series C startups;
- Track record of leading marketing teams in developer infrastructure software;
- Proven ability to hire in a startup environment;
- Ability to build a GTM strategy including segmentation, positioning and messaging to achieve business goals;
- Significant product marketing expertise with experience bringing a new product to an untapped market;
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth in close collaboration with Sales, including building an ongoing cadence of demand generation;
- Willingness and ability to perform both strategic and tactical / operational tasks;
- Focus on people, with a history of relationship building and talent development.
- Onboarding & Introduction: Get acquainted with company culture, tools, processes, and systems. Meet with the executive team, direct reports, and cross-functional teams to understand current strategies and tactics.
- Product Familiarization: Dive into the company's product suite, understand its value proposition, competitive advantages, and the specific pain points it addresses for developers.
- Market & Customer Insights: Review current customer personas, market segmentation, and feedback mechanisms. Meet with 10 Memfault customers with a goal of understanding their pain points and needs.
- Strategy Review: Understand current marketing goals, KPIs, and the strategies in place. Evaluate recent campaign performance.
- Team Assessment: Meet one-on-one with marketing team members to understand their roles, challenges, and get feedback on potential areas of improvement.
- Goal Setting: Define and communicate short-term and long-term marketing goals based on initial assessments.
- Reporting: Build regular reporting for key marketing KPIs and to track the aforementioned goals.
- Strategic Plan: Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy that includes brand positioning, product marketing, content strategy, demand generation, and digital marketing.
- Collaboration: Work closely with sales, product, and customer success teams to ensure alignment in messaging and campaigns.
- People Management: Review team member goals, start a mentorship cadence, and build a hiring plan to close any identified gaps on the team.
- Pilot Initiatives: Launch pilot marketing campaigns based on the new strategy to test assumptions and get quick wins.
- Budget Review: Analyze the current budget allocation and realign based on new strategies and initiatives.
180-days goals & beyond
- Optimization: Use data-driven insights to refine and optimize marketing strategies. Address any bottlenecks or challenges that have emerged.
- Scaling Strategies: Based on what's working, start scaling successful pilot initiatives to grow our top of funnel, improve win rates, and supercharge retention.
- Stakeholder Communication: Regularly update the executive team and the company on marketing performance and future plans.
- Company Leadership: Participate in E-team strategy and planning sessions to set the Company directionExpand Partnerships: Explore and establish partnerships that can enhance product visibility and adoption.
- Culture & Team Building: Foster a collaborative team culture, mentor and grow marketing team members, and ensure the marketing department is aligned with the company's vision and values.
We offer full benefits (health, vision, dental, 401k), unlimited PTO, and competitive pay and equity packages. Learn more about benefits and our company values - >
We want you (yes, you!) to apply
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Memfault is the first IoT reliability platform that empowers teams to build more robust devices at scale. Today hardware teams have little insight into how their products are performing and what issues are driving the majority of field failures; with Memfault, they can operate with the same speed and agility as software organizations. Companies like Lyft, Logitech, Bose, Whoop, and Verkada use Memfault's performance monitoring, device debugging, and OTA update capabilities to ship fast and build high-quality products. Memfault was founded by veterans of Pebble, Fitbit, and Oculus and is backed by Stripes, Uncork Capital, Partech, the 5G Innovation Lab, S28 Capital, and Y Combinator. Learn more about Careers at Memfault ->
Memfault recently closed a $24M Series B funding round announced on January 24, 2023. Learn more ->