Director of People
People & HR
New York, NY, USA · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2023
Memfault is searching for an exceptional Director of People to lead and execute an HR strategy that cultivates engagement, productivity, and happiness across our rapidly-scaling, high-performing global team. They will oversee all aspects of the People function, including talent acquisition, performance management, learning and development, compensation and benefits, HRIS and compliance, and DEI. This leader will collaborate cross-functionally across all levels of the organization, and will play a key role in driving Memfault’s continued growth and success.
This role will report to the VP of Operations and will directly manage a small-but-mighty HR team. This is a hybrid role out of Boston or New York.
Key priorities include:
- Serving as a thought leader and partner to leaders on organizational and people-related strategy and execution, including career planning, performance management, coaching, compensation and rewards, employee relations, and talent management.
- Leading and evolving the organization-wide systems and processes that span the employee lifecycle and employee experience, from onboarding to career transitions.
- Iterating and executing on a competitive total rewards strategy; leveraging quantitative and qualitative, and internal and external data insights.
- Designing and implementing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging best practices.
- Leading our full-cycle recruitment efforts as we grow our global team.
Ideal experience and qualifications include:
- Significant years of varied People experience in a high-growth startup context; experience in a B2B SaaS environment a plus
- Experience directly managing and developing early-career People professionals
- Ability to operate as both a player and a coach – possessing the drive to build executive-level strategies while being willing to execute on any and all tasks to accomplish it
- Ability to closely align People strategy to present business priorities – particularly as the organization progresses through new stages of scale and growth
- Strong instincts in identifying and solving culture, employee relations, and performance challenges
We offer full benefits (health, vision, dental, 401k), unlimited PTO, and competitive pay and equity packages. Learn more about benefits and our company values - >
We want you (yes, you!) to apply
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Memfault is the first IoT reliability platform that empowers teams to build more robust devices at scale. Today hardware teams have little insight into how their products are performing and what issues are driving the majority of field failures; with Memfault, they can operate with the same speed and agility as software organizations. Companies like Lyft, Logitech, Bose, Whoop, and Verkada use Memfault's performance monitoring, device debugging, and OTA update capabilities to ship fast and build high-quality products. Memfault was founded by veterans of Pebble, Fitbit, and Oculus and is backed by Stripes, Uncork Capital, Partech, the 5G Innovation Lab, S28 Capital, and Y Combinator. Learn more about Careers at Memfault ->
Memfault recently closed a $24M Series B funding round announced on January 24, 2023. Learn more ->