Senior Backend Engineer (SDE-II)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2022
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who understands how to develop innovative product features while maintaining and scaling critical infrastructure. If you're passionate about working on end to end feature development and building products that transform the way business owners bank, then we want to chat. Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?
About the Role
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software and new user-facing features across Novo’s products and services.
- Drive technical decisions on a multi-functional, Agile team alongside product management, product design, and engineering.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability and analyze feedback from customers and internal teams to identify issues and improvement opportunities.
- Champion a passion for engineering best practices such as code quality, linting, and testing.
- Ensure our software is reliable, extensible, maintainable, debuggable, secure, well-tested and performs well under load.
- Mentor junior engineers in all aspects of planning, development and testing.
- Stay engaged with latest technologies and evaluate strategies to keep the Novo technology stack up to date.
Requirements for the Role
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical role at a hyper-growth startup or fast-paced company.
- Extensive background designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and improving software.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business goals and initiatives into technical requirements.
- Strong understanding of SQL database.
- Demonstrable experience architecting scalable and cost effective solutions to ensure and support customer growth.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers in all aspects of planning, development and testing.
- Strong understanding of system design and architecture.
- Interest in engaging with latest technologies and evaluating strategies to keep the Novo technology stack up to date.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams effectively.
How We Define Success:
- Ensure assigned tasks are delivered within a given timeline along with test cases.
- Ensure code follows guidelines & standards set by the company.
Nice To Have
- Experience with Go programming language
- Experience with AWS
See more open positions at Novo
Something looks off?