Miami, FL, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
About the Role:
We are looking for a User Researcher Lead to establish and run our user research efforts at Novo. If you're passionate about understanding what drives our users' decisions, improving their user experience and enhancing our overall customer satisfaction through user research then we want to chat. This role will report into the design function, and will be heavily supported by our partners in product.
Join us in our mission to create innovative financial solutions that empower small businesses to thrive. Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?
- Develop, own and execute a research strategy to validate our ideas and inform product and design decisions.
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Conduct and help facilitate user research studies, such as user interviews, usability testing, and surveys to gather insights about user behavior, attitudes, pain points, and preferences.
- Partner with product owners, design leads, data and cross-functional partners to understand our customer needs, opportunities, and insights that help drive business outcomes.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into actionable insights and recommendations, and communicate them effectively to cross-functional teams in a way that is human, engaging, concise, and actionable.
- Develop and track key metrics that help measure the success of user research efforts and drive continuous improvement of our products and features.
- Develop and maintain a repository or knowledge base of our findings to help ensure that insights and opportunities are shared and leveraged across the organization.
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and the small and medium-sized businesses we serve.
- Take a leading role in developing user personas and promoting their adoption across the company to enhance user understanding and alignment with their needs.
- Advocate for user-centered design and user research best practices across the organization and represent the voice of the user in all product and design discussions.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging user research methods, tools, and technologies, and experiment with new approaches as appropriate.
- Partner with the Director of Design to establish department goals, processes and resources.
Requirements for the Role:
- 5+ years of user research experience for web, mobile and software applications.
- Practical experience and demonstrated skills in ux research, such as conducting studies, analyzing data, and communicating findings and suggestions to cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in user research tools and software such as Sprig, Usertesting.com, Maze, etc.
- Strong written and communication skills that allow you to articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner, and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Proven expertise in a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- You're a creative problem solver who is both user and UX minded.
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a resourceful manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, along with a high bar for quality and attention to detail.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Proven experience applying a user-centered design process to project work.
- Comfortable facilitating meetings and workshops with cross-functional project teams.
How We Define Success:
- You develop and execute a research strategy that informs product and design decisions, resulting in measurable improvements in user satisfaction, engagement, and retention.
- You're contributing to a positive and collaborative team culture.
- You develop and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- You help drive Product Decisions and Business Outcomes using Insights from user research
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience working at high growth startups or the financial service industry is a strong plus.
- Experience in or working with visual design, interaction design, human factors, human-computer interaction, development, or equivalent professional experience in other facets of user experience design.
- Familiarity with design tools such as Figma, or Adobe Creative Suite for creating prototypes or visualizing research findings.
- Ability to work with data visualization tools to create reports and dashboards.
- Advanced degree or certification in a relevant field, such as human factors, psychology, or design research.
See more open positions at Novo
Something looks off?