236 - Tech Rep, Minneapolis
The Technical Representative opening at On is a great opportunity for a customer-focused candidate with a passion for education and training. As the product knowledge expert in your region, you will work closely with the sales representative to brainstorm and execute strategies for effective sell-through and keep our retail accounts happy. This position will be travel intensive and requires travel 60% of the time, and our ideal team member will leave within about an hour drive from Minneapolis, MN.
If you’re up for the adventure, submit your interest to join the fastest-growing sports brand in the world.
- Conduct product clinics detailing technical features of On shoes
- Check inventory and facilitate fill-in orders
- Support store events with product demos and giveaways
- Set up and work local expos with retailers
- Set up in-store merchandising
- Aid in staffing of corporate events
- Build relationships with new stores
- Act as the eyes and the ears of the company by providing insight to the On team and local Sales Representatives
- Engage local community to create buzz around the On brand and products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, Sales, Marketing, Business, or related field preferred but not required
- 1-2 years’ work experience; Sales or Tech Rep experience preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Gmail, Google Docs, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Experience in the run specialty or outdoor retail industries preferred but not required
- Comfort and ease with presenting to retailers, customers, and industry professionals
- Passion and experience in running and outdoor pursuits preferred but not required
- General knowledge of human physiology as it applies to running
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time; travel percentage will fluctuate based on business needs to cover this territory
- Candidate's must live or be willing to relocate to within about an hour drive
Meet the team
At On North America we are passionate about running, the planet, our community, growing our team, and bringing the fastest growing running brand globally, to new customers. Be it in our offices in Portland or New York, supporting our stores across the country, running and hiking trails all over, we remain committed to fun, broadening our horizons, holding ourselves to the highest standards, and we’re looking for more people who share these values to join us.