US Construction PM
Retail Expansion | Retail Project Manager
We are looking for a Retail Project Manager to materialize On’s future DTC retail environments and join us at our brand-new SoHo office in NYC. Your blend between project management, construction process/systems knowledge, financial oversight, high design orientation and integrity will play critical role in all new store openings (and eventual remodels) in the Americas and open the door to On’s next growth phase.
- Manage the entire construction process for new stores in the Americas with a special and immediate focus on the NA market expansion, including project schedule, cost control and 360 coordination of all project specific stakeholders
- Lead internal and external project stakeholders by exhibiting a standard of excellence including architects, contractors, suppliers, and consultants to meet overall project objectives.
- Actively analyze and manage project CAPEX from initial cost estimate through closeout
- Key player in supporting design and procurement in the technical evaluation of new suppliers and products, lead and manage price negotiations and provide the necessary information for calls for tenders.
- Spearhead further development and technical improvement of fixtures and elements with emphasis on value engineering, better roll-out efficiency, modularity, packaging and logistics.
- Supervise project debriefs and develop technical quality guidelines and manuals.
- Ensure architectural and experiential intent are met at the highest of standards.
- Travel to job sites regularly to ensure projects are on time and on budget.
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- 3 to 5 years of experience in managing multiple Premium retail construction projects simultaneously, including directly managing bidding and negotiation with Contractors
- Premium retailer experience on projects of at least 5,000SF with proven track record of managing projects of increased commercial complexity and visibility
- Strong knowledge of North American Construction Standards, Codes, and Processes
- Experience reviewing and negotiation AIA contracts both design-build and GMP
- Team player with ability to work and interface with all levels of the organization
- High attention to detail and project awareness while never losing sight of the big picture
- Working knowledge of architecture-specific design tools such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, and project management software such as Asana and MS Project
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Spanish fluency is a plus
Meet the team
As you might expect from a running brand with an emphasis on premium design and performance, the Retail Expansion Team at On is a fast-paced place to be. This small but dynamic team packs a huge punch and leads retail development projects in the Americas (NA/LATAM): from market analysis and strategy to concepts and final delivery. We are agile hard workers who above and beyond to help our company grow to reach more communities to support our shared mission to ignite the human spirit through movement. In doing so we get to enjoy amazing team-building opportunities and offsites to play just as hard. You will be responsible for all aspects of store construction from initial lease survey through
handover to Retail Operations, ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget at the highest design standards. You will be a key driver of innovation and optimization of project management best practices whenever possible. Together we will shape the architecture, behavior, culture, and future of On’s customer-facing homes. With innovative projects in the pipeline, the team is looking for its next all-star!
What we offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically – to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination. We are requesting that you provide sensitive demographic information such as gender identity and race/ethnicity to help us ensure that we are creating equitable and fair experiences for all potential future team members. You are not required to provide this demographic information and this information will in no way impact your eligibility for hire.
Primary location of the role
New York City
Primary country location
NY - United States