Global Data Governance Lead
You will play a key role in developing and implementing effective data management and governance, supporting and championing our Data Mesh journey. You will work closely with domain data product owners, data producers, data consumers and other stakeholders to define data governance policies, procedures, and best practices that ensure the discoverability, compliance, quality and interoperability of our data products.
What your first 6 months at On might look like:
- Get to know the data landscape and introduce yourself to various stakeholders you will be interacting with
- Understand the current state of our data mesh journey and data governance and get familiar with various projects and initiatives that are currently underway
- Take the lead of our federated governance body, promoting distributed data ownership and facilitating collaborative governance decisions
- Get involved with existing development and implementation of data processes and practices such as data quality (incident) management, metadata management, privacy policies, content management and others
- Start collaborating with domain data product owners, data engineers and relevant stakeholders to assess data governance needs, introduce necessary standards and data quality controls, and ensure compliance.
- Collaborating with the teams to ensure data governance principles are integrated into data systems, applications, and infrastructure.
- Work on establishing and enforcing data governance standards and best practices across domains, promoting data governance awareness and fostering a culture of data-driven decision-making
- Begin establishing metrics to monitor data governance adoption and adherence to data governance policies and procedures within each domain, track key performance indicators, and identify areas for improvement.
- Promote data mesh, data governance and data culture internally, educating the business on analytics, data management, and data quality.
- Can clearly articulate the business value of good data (governance), to win the hearts and minds of various levels of stakeholders
- Are able to roadmap, execute and demonstrate tangible progress, ensuring that the data governance program continuously delivers value to the business
- Building a deep understanding of the needs, wants and capabilities of our data to keep our plans and expectations grounded.
- You are proactive and communicative
- You are comfortable managing multiple concurrent tasks and have the capacity and willingness to completely own their lifecycle with minimal oversight
- You work organised and agile, focusing on reproducibility and scalability in a dynamic business context
- You are enthusiastic about innovating, excited to continuously learn and comfortable with ambiguity
- You are curious and like to keep up with existing and new technology trends in the data space
- Experience with modern data tools (our data stack is based on GCP and we use BigQuery, Airflow, dbt, Looker, MonteCarlo & Hex)
About the team:
The Data Platform Team is responsible for building, maintaining and growing internal data platforms, systems and processes that empower everyone at On to impact business outcomes by making informed decisions.