Director of Product Design
Dive right in. Swim with our pod. At Orca, in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high, has quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
High-growth: In just 4 years, we’ve reached milestones that take other companies a decade or more. We’ve doubled our employee count, tripled our customer count, and rapidly expanded our product capabilities.Disruptive innovation: Our founders saw that traditional security didn’t work for the cloud—so they set out to carve a new path. We’re relentless pioneers who invented agentless technology and continue to be the most comprehensive and innovative cloud security company. Well-capitalized: With a valuation of $1.8 billion, Orca is a cybersecurity unicorn dominating the cloud security space. We’re backed by an impressive team of investors such as Capital G, ICONIQ, GGV, and SVCI, a syndicate of CISOs who invest their own money after conducting their due diligence. Respectful and transparent culture: Our executives pride themselves on being accessible to everyone and believe in sharing knowledge with the employees. Each employee has a place in shaping the future of our industry.
About the role: We are seeking a talented and motivated Director of Product Design. At the heart of this opportunity is the responsibility to define and implement a comprehensive design strategy that aligns with the company's goals and customer needs. The Director of Product Design collaborates closely with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing, to understand market trends, customer feedback, and technological advancements. By synthesizing this information, they can guide the creation of products that address current security challenges from ideation to pixel perfect.
On a typical day, you'll:
- Leading our internal product design team (5 designer) on ongoing projects, providing mentoring, feedback and guidance.
- Align design system strategy with customer feedback and market research from Product Management.
- Review and approve design assets, ensuring they meet roadmap guidelines.
- Engage in cross-functional meetings to understand user needs and improve product design.
- Stay updated on industry trends and technologies for continuous improvement.
- Experienced in leading and scaling teams of product designers for several years (UX, UI and Research).
- Tech-leader with a visionary and inspiring leadership style.
- Experienced in designing complex B2B+SAAS solutions.
- Data-driven approach, utilizing quantitative and qualitative data for design decisions.
- Proven success in revamping complex systems and organizations.
- Extensive experience collaborating with diverse and cross-functional teams.
- A determined and tenacious "knife between teeth" approach to challenges.
- Advantage: Experience in the cybersecurity industry.
- Advantage: Thought leader, participating in podcasts, webinars, and meet-ups.