Senior Software Engineer
Big Ideas. Real People.
At Orca, in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high, has quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
We’re looking for driven and talented people like you to join our R&D team and our mission to change the future of cloud security. Ready to dive in and swim with our pod?
- High-growth: In just 4 years, we’ve reached milestones that take other companies a decade or more. We’ve doubled our employee count, tripled our customer count, and rapidly expanded our product capabilities.
- Disruptive innovation: Our founders saw that traditional security didn’t work for the cloud—so they set out to carve a new path. We’re relentless pioneers who invented agentless technology and continue to be the most comprehensive and innovative cloud security company.
- Well-capitalized: With a valuation of $1.8 billion, Orca is a cybersecurity unicorn dominating the cloud security space. We’re backed by an impressive team of investors such as Capital G, ICONIQ, GGV, and SVCI, a syndicate of CISOs who invest their own money after conducting their due diligence.
- Respectful and transparent culture: Our executives pride themselves on being accessible to everyone and believe in sharing knowledge with the employees. Each employee has a place in shaping the future of our industry.
About the role:
Orca Security is in the process of crafting a dynamic, captivating, and rapidly evolving product that is reshaping the landscape of cloud security. As we expand, we are actively seeking individuals who are not only talented but also highly motivated, adept at multitasking, and proven team players to join our ranks. Our team consists of inspirational top-tier professionals dedicated to pioneering a paradigm shift in cloud security practices. We are deeply passionate about staying at the forefront of cutting-edge technology trends and are committed to integrating these innovations into our product. In this role, you will assume the pivotal position of lead developer, entrusted with spearheading the creation of innovative software products.
On a typical day you'll:
- Write clean, concise code that is stable, extensible, and unit-tested appropriately
- Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best solution
- Implement new requirements within our Agile delivery methodology while following our established architectural principles
- Test software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Write code that meets the production requirements and design specifications and anticipate potential errors/issue
- Provides input into the architecture and design of the product; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
- Develop expertise of AWS, Azure, and GCP products and technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant experience
- 3+ years Python/Go development experience (Or any other languages)
- Knowledge/Experience designing and implementing data-intensive systems
- Experienced in working with micro-service architecture & cloud-native services
- Solid understanding of software design principles, concurrency, synchronization, memory management, data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security domain - (Advantage)
- Experience with big data analysis e.g. Spark, AWS/Azure, Map Reduce, ElasticSearch - (Advantage)
Our Tech Stack:
Python, Golang, Typescript, React.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless, Django, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Kibana, NoSQL, Kafka, SQS, Redis, Linux, AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle Cloud, AliCloud.
At Orca Security, we value the creativity and innovation of our Software Engineers and embrace diversity in technical expertise. Therefore, we are open to considering candidates with a wide range of technical backgrounds and are not limiting our search to any specific technology stack.