Global Cloud Native Sales and Business Development Manager
Remote- Austin, TX
Global Cloud Native Sales and Business Development Leader
Dive right in. Swim with our pod.
At Orca, we believe that in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high, have quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
We’re looking for a driven and experienced Manager of Inside Sales and BDRs to get the word out and join our mission to change the future of cloud security. At Orca, we’re proud of what we do and we always aim high. This, together with our belief in the power of teamwork, has quickly turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader (and a unicorn). Ready to dive in and swim with our pod?
- Fast growth: This company has momentum. It’s THE opportune time to join Orca Security.
- Disruptive technology: Orca Security completely changed the way cloud is secured and is leading a new approach of how security solutions should be built. It’s completely agentless and detects every important risk in the cloud environment down to the data layer. It’s fast, simple, and complete.
- Well-capitalized: Total funding is almost $630MM in less than 24 months. CapitalG, Redpoint, GGV, YL Ventures, and SVCI. SVCI is a syndicate of CISOs who invested their own money after careful due diligence.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Inside Sales Manager to oversee and support our inside sales representatives and business development team.The role will monitor sales metrics and manage the entire sales administration process. They will collaborate with various professionals, so it’s essential that they have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable working in a team environment. They should also be able to lead and motivate the sales team to achieve specific goals.Ultimately, the Inside Sales Manager should be able to build a high-performance sales team to ensure customer satisfaction
On a typical day you'll:
- Manage the inside sales/global BDR team
- Set and track sales targets for your team
- Suggest and implement improvements in the sales administration process
- Coordinate department projects to meet deadlines
- Report on sales metrics and suggest improvements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Use customer feedback to generate account expansion
- Improve and monitor the BDR comp and measurement plans
- Proactive at increasing customer engagement
- Build an open-communication environment for your team
- Cross functionally collaborate with Channel, Sales Engineering Marketing, Sales Operations, Product and Customer Success, to drive engagement at both the individual contributor and executive level
- Report accurate pipeline and sales stage using Salesforce.com
- 5+ years of SaaS, preferably security, Inside sales management experience and understanding of the competitive landscape
- Global leadership with experience with at least 6+ direct reports
- In-depth understanding of the sales processes and BDR comp plans
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Numerical abilities and problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal (yes... words matter….) to adeptly explain complicated concepts to a variety of audiences and skill levels
- Demonstrated experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques. MEDDIC experience a plus.
- BSc degree in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field