SMB Account Executive - France
👋 Pleo is expanding in the French market!
And for that we need someone who will help us make the best-possible first impression on French businesses. In other words, this role represents one of the first steps in Pleo’s expansion into France.
More specifically, we are looking for high-performing, hands-on sales professionals to join our core team, to drive our mission to become the go-to spending solution from Lille to Marseille - or just everywhere!
This role is not for the faint of heart. You will be expanding the business in the French market. This opportunity is an accelerator for your career in tech sales.
Put simply - we need a smart, entrepreneurial, customer-centric SMB Sales Account Executive to help us launch and build our French presence. The role is based in Lisbon, we are looking for someone based there or open to relocating to the sunny city ☀️🇵🇹
Your point of contact is the Pleo sponsors, namely the CFOs, CEOs, MDs, Operations Directors, and everyone else who might be the decision maker in regard to the spending policy in SMEs and medium-sized companies.
But wait, you haven't heard of Pleo before? 💳
To get you off to a good start, let us just say that we are doing away with an outdated business process that’s been around forever – dreaded expense management.
We are doing that by helping customers to delegate employee spending through a business spending platform. This ends out of pocket spending, encourages autonomy and trust in employees, and takes a huge burden off the finance team. You'll be selling the SaaS tool (company spending solution) that comes with physical/virtual commercial cards (so with a fintech twist) that are then distributed to all employees of the company. The best part is we're all users of Pleo ourselves - so it's a very applicable tool. It impacts anyone in a company who could spend money on behalf of their business - be it a coffee with clients or a Mac for a new hire.
What's up to me? 🚀
Pretty simply - to help spread the good news of Pleo to the French market, and get them to use it. This role requires a high level of energy, a can-do attitude paired with an analytical and empathetic mindset. You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle from prospecting leads, outreach to companies, qualifying opportunities, collaborating, delivering amazing product demos, converting deals to handing over your deals to our customer experience team.
What we need from you on the first day 💫
- Complete fluency in French with full professional proficiency in English to boot.
- Experience in Outbound B2B SaaS Sales. You will execute email, social & cold calling outbound prospecting campaigns.
- Ambition - lots of it - and strong inner motivation paired with a positive mindset (it's the key to hitting targets 🎯).
- Winning attitude - knowing that there are easy days and hard days and the ability to get through them both.
- Pipeline management and ability to work in a high energy sales environment 🔥 - Our sales process is dynamic and fast. You are geared to close sales every day!
- An entrepreneurial mindset - we are going from 0 to 1 in France and we need you to build our French presence.
- Exceptional people skills: strong listening abilities, empathy, and genuine and flowing curiosity to learn more about the people you are interacting with.
- Leadership potential - we are growing our french team and we want you to grow with us!
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!) 💳
- Lunch is on us 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you're fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Trips abroad for team camps. This year we went to Croatia - we'd love to see you at the next one!
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget. We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym or book a professional coach - it's entirely up to you. Ask us about what we offer, and we'll be happy to outline more.
- Free access to LinkedIn learning. This will support you to master the skills to take your career to the next level. LinkedIn learnings offers +16K courses taught by industry experts
- Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending.
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing).
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc).
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.