SDR Team Manager - DACH (Relocation to Lisbon)
Let’s face it: out-of-pocket expenses suck. And manual expense spreadsheets are old-school. No one wants to wait until payday to be reimbursed for something they bought for work, and finance teams have better things to do than spend hours tapping away on Excel. At Pleo, we’re on a mission to change this. We’re here to make spend management surprisingly effective and empowering – for finance teams and employees.
We’re doing away with an outdated business process to end out-of-pocket spending, encourage autonomy and give finance teams trust in employees. You'll be selling the SaaS tool (company spending solution) that comes with physical pre-paid cards that are then distributed to all employees of the company. But Pleo’s about more than just paying for stuff. You’ll be helping our customers simplify and streamline their invoices, reimbursements, subscriptions – the lot. 🤝
About the role
Aside from being based in sunny Lisbon ☀️ this role requires an understanding and deep knowledge of sales development and sales enablement. But also, experience in leading and managing teams of SDRs in a fast-paced agile working environment 💡
The role will have a primary focus on leading and managing the selling process for the team of SDRs in new business accounts, which includes; effective outbound methodology, prospecting, lead generation, and qualification. The leadership/ managerial aspect of the role will have a focus on; strategy, planning, coaching, learning, development, and overall effective leadership - in conjunction with the Senior Sales Development Team 👌
Success in this role is measured on pipeline creation: Both volume of deals and the value of the created pipeline 👊 Some other success metrics that we measure, and most importantly value, are the personal development goals and overall career progression for all of our SDRs 🔥
On top of this, your own personal development and growth is an aspect of working at Pleo that is taken very seriously. We take great pride in being able to provide all of our employees with a roadmap for success 👏
What you will be expected to do!
- Recruit, train, and develop a team of SDRs responsible for inbound and outbound sales engagements 🤩
- Implement a data-driven strategy to make sure the team is engaging with the most relevant prospects
- Together with sales and marketing colleagues, define the local ICPs and related sales plays and processes to achieve optimum demand generation efficiency
- Develop digital and social selling tactics with your team to create new business opportunities in addition to emails and cold call fundamentals
- Ensure SDRs improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback in recurring 1:1s
- Operational excellence: Work closely with the sales leadership team to improve opportunity management and qualification process.
- Motivate team members through creative incentives and SPIFs 💰
- Help create a fun, high-energy environment where people love coming to work
- Oversee usage of team systems, including relevant tech stack currently in place at Pleo such as Hubspot, Salesloft, Seismic, Slack…
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing leadership to ensure the success of online campaigns and marketing events
Your colleagues say you...
- Have minimum 1 years experience in an SDR Manager role, or in any Sales Manager role
- Work in English with ease (it's our company language) & you're fluent in German 🇩🇪
- Strong emotional intelligence - able to communicate with empathy and care 🤗
- Data-driven; comfortable handling performance metrics, building dashboards and reports for your team
- You’re a leader; confident to motivate people to achieve their goals and keep up with expectations
- You hold yourself accountable; are comfortable with taking feedback and actioning it
- You’re a team player, happy to work cross-functionally with our enablement, marketing and regional teams
- You’re familiar with the day-to-day tools of an SDR including Hubspot, Lusha, Salesloft and more
- You embrace change and have a growth mindset that’s always striving for improvement
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!) 💳
- Financial and practical help with relocating to Lisbon, if you're not already there 🇵🇹
- Lunch is on us when you are working out of our Lisbon office 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you're fit in body and mind to do your best work ❤️🩹
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget. We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, or book a professional coach - it's entirely up to you. Ask us about what we offer, and we'll be happy to outline more.
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.