SDR Team Manager - UKI
Cash is old school. Out-of-pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive, and – we're gonna say it – fun ✌️
And that's what we're here to do. But first, we need your help!
Pleo is looking for a highly motivated sales professional to join our esteemed Sales Hub in Lisbon! More on the specifics below 👇
About the role
Aside from being based in sunny Lisbon ☀️ this role requires an understanding and deep knowledge of sales development and sales enablement. But also, experience in leading and managing teams of SDRs in a fast-paced agile working environment 💡
The role will have a primary focus on leading and managing the selling process for the team of SDRs in new business accounts, which includes; effective outbound methodology, prospecting, lead generation, and qualification. The leadership/ managerial aspect of the role will have a focus on; strategy, planning, coaching, learning, development, and overall effective leadership - in conjunction with the Senior Sales Development Team 👌
Success in this role is measured on pipeline creation: Both volume of deals and the value of the created pipeline 👊 Some other success metrics that we measure, and most importantly value, are the personal development goals and overall career progression for all of our SDRs 🔥
On top of this, your own personal development and growth is an aspect of working at Pleo that is taken very seriously. We take great pride in being able to provide all of our employees with a roadmap for success 👏
Who are we?
We are a Danish fintech startup -well, not that much of a startup anymore, but our values are deeply and strongly shaped around that. That being said, we believe in a flat hierarchy and bottom-up decision-making: from being around our offices to the team meetings and our vocal slack community, working with us you will find a place where every voice is heard, where people spar their ideas and are not afraid to ask questions and improve themselves and others. We listen to each other and adapt accordingly 🙏
What we do
What we try to do is change the workspaces of tomorrow (you know, the space where most adults spend most of their time). We think the way that most of us still work today is outdated; we think that it can be better. Here at Pleo we work on painful problems that we see today and try to solve them with a touch of magic 🪄
Our angle to do this is through company spending; we’ve built a product that gives trust and autonomy to all employees: everyone gets a company card and spends company money responsibly. No expense reports. No time wasted. Decentralization of decision-making. Delegation through ownership. That's our focus 💪
We can't be hypocrites with a product doing one thing and then internally doing another: so the future workplace permeates through the way we work. We certainly aren't perfect, and we're not striving for perfection. Instead, we're striving to be pioneers: we want our product to change workspaces, and so our own workspace is a place of constant change 🙏
What you will be expected to do!
- Recruit, train, and develop a team of SDRs responsible for inbound and outbound sales engagements
- Implement a data-driven strategy to make sure the team is engaging with the most relevant prospects
- Together with sales and marketing colleagues, define the local ICPs and related sales plays and processes to achieve optimum demand generation efficiency
- Develop digital and social selling tactics with your team to create new business opportunities in addition to emails and cold call fundamentals
- Ensure SDRs improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback in recurring 1:1s
- Operational excellence: Work closely with the sales leadership team to improve opportunity management and qualification process.
- Motivate team members through creative incentives and SPIFs
- Help create a fun, high-energy environment where people love coming to work
- Oversee usage of team systems, including relevant tech stack currently in place at Pleo such as Hubspot, Salesloft, Seismic, Slack…
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing leadership to ensure the success of online campaigns and marketing events
- Regularly report on a team/ individual basis
Your colleagues say you...
- Have minimum 1 years experience in an SDR Manager/ lead role, or in any Sales Manager role
- Work in English with ease (it's our company language)
- Strong emotional intelligence - able to communicate with empathy and care
- Data-driven; comfortable handling performance metrics, building dashboards and reports for your team
- You’re a leader; confident to motivate people to achieve their goals and keep up with expectations
- You hold yourself accountable; are comfortable with taking feedback and actioning it
- You’re a team player, happy to work cross-functionally with our enablement, marketing and regional teams
- You’re familiar with the day-to-day tools of an SDR including Hubspot, Lusha, Salesloft and more
- You embrace change and have a growth mindset that’s always striving for improvement
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!) 💳
- Lunch is on us when you are working out of our Lisbon office 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you're fit in body and mind to do your best work
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget. We know everybody prioritizes different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, or book a professional coach - it's entirely up to you. Ask us about what we offer, and we'll be happy to outline more.
- Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending.
And here are some other nice gestures that we do…
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, beer brewing, skiing, Pleo dinners, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food, etc)
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.