Partnerships Business Development Associate - Germany (Relocation to Lisbon)
Let’s face it: out-of-pocket expenses suck. And manual expense spreadsheets are old-school.
No one wants to wait until payday to be reimbursed for something they bought for work, and finance teams have better things to do than spend hours tapping away on Excel. At Pleo, we’re on a mission to change this. We’re here to make spend management surprisingly effective and empowering – for finance teams and employees.
We’re doing away with an outdated business process to end out-of-pocket spending, encourage autonomy and give finance teams trust in employees. You'll be selling the SaaS tool (company spending solution) that comes with physical prepaid cards that are then distributed to all employees of the company. But Pleo’s about more than just paying for stuff. You’ll be helping our customers simplify and streamline their invoices, reimbursements, subscriptions – the lot.
What you’ll do 🤩
- Conduct business development activities to identify and develop relationships with Accounting Pleo Partners
- Triage all partner sourced and/or supported sales queries to the correct partner within Pleo’s partner ecosystem, routing to the correct partnership team or external partner.
- Provide tier one support to Partner queries, escalating to tier two and/or customer success teams when required.
- Nurture, support, and process transactional revenue for any lead belonging to partnerships
- Triage all inbound sales queries for partnerships
- Research business opportunities, support due diligence activities and implement plans and strategies for new alliances.
What We Need From You On The First Day 🚀
- At least 1 year experience in a customer facing role. If you have experience in accounting our eyes will shine
- Motivation to take your first steps into a partnerships/sales career
- Exceptional people skills. After all, you are the first person that our accounting partners will ultimately meet… first impressions are everything!
- You can thrive within chaos. This is a new team, processes are being experimented, nothing is written in stone.
- You can communicate fluently in English AND German. You will feel comfortable communicating with clients in any of these languages.
What's in it for me? 👀
- Relocation to Lisbon, office perks, celebrations, and team lunches/dinners. You’ll be part of our shiny Lisbon office
- Private health insurance
- Full ‘Pleo’ team onboarding and continuous coaching, we’ll equip you with all the tools you need to hit your targets.
- Flexible benefits package of €2500 per year to spend how you wish!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- 25 days holiday (annual) + public holidays
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.