Who We Are:
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Here at Ref, we put people first. We know that you can't innovate and do cool stuff without having everyone on board. So we work to create a culture where everyone feels like they belong and where their voices are truly valued. We build an inclusive culture together and make a real impact along the way.
The Patternmaker is responsible for bringing apparel designs to life in a tangible manner by working closely with the Design and Technical Design teams while creating and maintaining the fit, form, function, and specifications of the garments. Their main responsibility is to create 1st through production patterns that reflect standard fit and specs while executing Design’s vision and ensuring said patterns are ready to be adapted for bulk production
- Participates in product review meetings and other presentations as necessary. Works directly with the Technical Design, Sample room team, and Designers and Production Management
- Develop accurate sample & production patterns based on sketches from the design department
- Attend fittings for both sample and production garments and perform necessary corrections as a result of fitting notes/revisions
- Continually research new ideas & concepts for potential future designs
- Troubleshoot potential production issues before samples are made, for both aesthetic & cost purposes
- Maintain all standards in regard to grading, construction, how-to-measure, and other procedures
- Actively collaborate with design department, other pattern maker, quality control staff, and product development department
- Monitor garment/fabric shrinkage
- Complete assignments in a timely & accurate manner
- Work directly with department managers and following all tech pack requirements
- Identifies problems and/or opportunities, makes recommendations and takes a leadership role with the implementation of solutions that improve department efficiency and quality of garment development
- Applies technical expertise to troubleshoot hold ups and remove bottlenecks in development and pre-production engineering process.
- 5+ years pattern making experience required
- Experience using Gerber technology
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree or fashion school degree in Fashion Merchandising or Pattern Making preferred
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
Reformation requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. Reformation is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation where it can do so absent undue hardship, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Something looks off?