Technical Design Manager - Denim
Who We Are:
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Here at Ref, we put people first. We know that you can't innovate and do cool stuff without having everyone on board. So we work to create a culture where everyone feels like they belong and where their voices are truly valued. We build an inclusive culture together and make a real impact along the way.
Technical Design Manager - Denim
Reformation is looking for an awesome Technical Design Manager of our Denim product who will link the design department and production to ensure that all designs translate to amazing garments. The role reports to the Director of Technical Design & Quality and has 1 direct report. The role includes leading the denim fit process from design to production, establishing and maintaining fit standards, generating clear detailed fit comments to vendors, managing the denim technical design workflow, and mentoring assisting staff. You will be working closely with our design, product development, and production departments.
We are looking for a full-time, super-efficient, hard-working, seasoned Technical Design Manager who will make sure our denim looks great, fits great, and is made at the highest level of quality standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee all denim fit development from design through production.
- Create 30-40 development tech packs per month.
- Work closely with design and product development to ensure that designs are translated correctly, identifying starting blocks and keeping size and fit consistent.
- Lead twice weekly fit sessions on a live model, recording comments, and communicating with team and partners
- Analyze garments and patterns to determine compliance of spec, construction, and fit intent.
- Create technical fit comments, advise construction details, and clearly communicate the status and direction of each style to vendors
- Participate in bi weekly vendor calls.
- Review production, quality, cost issues and return rates; problem solve and make recommendations that help maintain brand integrity.
- Maintain WIP report and workflow tracking.
- Maintain a working knowledge of appropriate fit aesthetic for the Reformation customer.
- Initiate customer fit clinics as needed
- Research and develop new sizes as needed.
- Collaborate with the Technical Design Director to create and carry out new processes to improve product workflow
Work closely with the Technical Design Director to develop and maintain standards and grade rules.
- Develop collaborative relationships with cross functional teams.
- Develop partnerships with all vendors helping to create successful relationships.
- Onboard, train, and supervise assisting staff.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel design & manufacturing
- 6-10+ years experience in apparel technical design
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, as well as ability to prioritize and make quick decisions
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented; highly detail oriented and meticulous
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Extremely honest and trustworthy with highest integrity
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines, balance creativity with technical capability, and interpret design sketches for tech packs
- Knowledge of denim fabrications and washes as they relate to fit.
- Knowledge of denim garment construction, sewing techniques, pattern making, silhouettes and trims.
- Experience working with overseas factories
Who You Are:
- Very skilled at full package who wants to excel into a better quality apparel collection
- Desire to grow and continue a career in full package for an established and high growth company
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status