Senior Art Director of Photography
Who We Are:
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Here at Ref, we put people first. We know that you can't innovate and do cool stuff without having everyone on board. So we work to create a culture where everyone feels like they belong and where their voices are truly valued. We build an inclusive culture together and make a real impact along the way.
Senior Art Director
Reformation has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Art Director to help lead our in-house creative & eCommerce team. We’re looking for someone with an exceptional eye and outstanding leadership skills who will oversee the in-house photo team of photographers, art directors, and stylists, and execute the photo art direction of our highly successful website. The ideal candidate will display a passion and commitment for creating incredible imagery and inspiring the team to do the same.
What You’ll Do:
- Report to the Creative Director but lead, manage, and develop the in-house Creative team (including the photographer, art directors stylists, and all freelance support)
- Elevate and evolve the site aesthetic while supporting the overall brand direction
- Along with our Creative Director, you will oversee art direction, image selection– and help refine this process
- Support the Creative Director in newsletter ideation and creation
- Help Creative Director and Chief Creative Officer conceptualize campaigns, videos, and bring them to life
- Work closely with producers and Creative Director on model casting
- Act as a key cross-functional partner on all creative, marketing, and product initiatives
- Art Direct on set both in studio and on editorials
- Collaborate with the social media team on social content as needed
- Participate in strategy meetings and partner with merchandising and creative teams to translate business strategy into creative concepts and compelling content
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 8 years experience as a Art Director/Senior Art Director in fashion— high volume ecomm experience is extremely important
- BA in design, photography, visual arts, digital media or related field.
- Computer literate (Daily usage of a MAC, Global Edit, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Workspace)
- An elevated, fashion-oriented eye for photography, lighting, retouching and artistic vision.
- Displays a very strong understanding of the Reformation brand– our products, customer and sustainable mission.
- Strong communication skills and time management skills; ability to juggle priorities and multiple projects across various time constraints and still meet deadlines.
- Strategic thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life.
- Collaborative, inclusive and flexible team member.
- Highly organized with extreme attention to detail.
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and also quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas and change course as needed.
- Exceptional organizational skills; highly detail-oriented.
- Can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach; personable and flexible with demands and changes in business.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status