Manager, Benefits & Compensation
Who We Are:
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Here at Ref, we put people first. We know that you can't innovate and do cool stuff without having everyone on board. So we work to create a culture where everyone feels like they belong and where their voices are truly valued. We build an inclusive culture together and make a real impact along the way.
Manager, Benefits & Compensation
We are looking for a Manager of Benefits & Compensation that will oversee and execute against all Reformation benefits and compensation strategies including annual benefit renewal, Leave of Absence management, living wage, bonus programs, and salary range surveys and analysis. The Benefits & Comp Manager will manage vendor relationships, invoicing and audits.The right person for this role knows how to provide exceptional customer service, be highly organized and is a technical expert in benefits & compensation regulations and practices.
What You’ll Do:
Leadership, Culture and Team:
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and customer/service focus in alignment with Reformation’s values
- Demonstrate a service oriented approach to problem-solving and process improvement across functions
- Develop cross functional working relationships ensuring transparency in program design, decision making and feedback
Benefits & Compensation
- Evaluate and streamline benefits programs and policies, including leave, paid time-off, workers comp, and unemployment.
- Review plan documents and lead benefits design/renewal conversations, ensuring compliance with regulatory/legal requirements.
- Manage the end-to-end Open Enrollment process
- Collaborate with the Chief People Officer (CPO) and the business to design, build, implement, and manage compensation-related programs and incentive plans.
- Support salary surveying, benchmarking, ad hoc market analysis, job leveling as needed
- Partner with Finance, Payroll & Accounting on month end closing activities, reconciling all actual costs and ensuring alignment of this data across platforms
- Manage multi-state Leave of Absence Administration
- Create communication and education ensuring all Ref’s understand our benefits/compensation programs
- Manage internal and external audits related to benefits and compensation
- Identify issues and focus on continuous process improvements to enhance customer service and issue resolution
- Oversee/complete day to day benefits and compensation administration-related tasks.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of managing/executing end to end benefits/compensation programs
- Project management experience, including project planning, timelines and communication plans
- Thorough knowledge of benefits compliance including COBRA, ERISA and HIPAA requirements
- Bilingual (english/spanish) preferred
- SPHR, PHR, CEBS or equivalent certification are a plus!
Who You Are:
- You always think of the customer first ensuring a great experience for all Refs
- You are a benefits expert
- You use data to present solutions and solve problems
- You have strong, clear written and verbal communication skills
- You manage your time well, know how to prioritize what’s important, and have great follow-up and a high sense of urgency
- You have experience working in a high growth fast paced environment
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status