Product Development Manager (Apparel)
Who We Are:
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Here at Ref, we put people first. We know that you can't innovate and do cool stuff without having everyone on board. So we work to create a culture where everyone feels like they belong and where their voices are truly valued. We build an inclusive culture together and make a real impact along the way.
Product Development Manager
Reformation is seeking a Product Development Manager to manage various aspects of Product Development to Pre-Production Management. This position will be responsible for maintaining the development and quality of assigned styles by being the key liaison among the Designer/Merchandiser, Production and Supplier. The Product Development manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the product development calendar, execution of the product, cost and on-time delivery. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented and proactive with an interest in sustainability.
What you'll do:
- Manage the PD team and pattern team to meet department’s deliverables
- Manage, implement best practice for development initiatives
- Collaborate on innovative solutions to bolster the future of the business
- Apply knowledge of fabrication, treatments to meet design vision, merchant requirements, and company financial goals
- Monitor and maintain the development communication with cross functional teams
- Maintain style Bill of Materials within the company’s PIM system throughout the lifecycle of the product
- Review and communicate design, fit and construction comments with the pattern team and maintain the seasonal style design comment sheet at each sample stage
- Monitor & track the samples, trims, fabric, color and treatment development approvals to/from Suppliers and internal communication
- Manage (in conjunction with Sample Development Manager) the sample production cycle to secure on time sample delivery
- Responsible for costing negotiations with the Suppliers to meet or exceed margin targets
- Ensure that all product information is accurate in PIM system at all times during lifecycle of the product
- Work with the Compliance team each season to ensure the product meets Reformation & Global laws and standards.
- Work with the Production team each season to ensure that each style is production line appropriate.
- Work with Fit Tech to prioritize and maintain fit approval schedule
What you'll need:
- 5+ years experience in an apparel product development or similar role
- Extreme attention to detail and maintaining accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and an obsession with efficiency
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Knowledge and understanding of development and production process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status