Head of Finance EMEA (Cork or Republic of Ireland remote)
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role:
We're searching for an outcome focused and highly effective Finance leader to join Remitly’s growing Finance team, supported by our Finance Transformation Director. This person will lead our EMEA finance teams, and will be a key driver to ensure our team grows efficiently and effectively as our business expands. This role requires expertise in team management, prioritization, communication throughout the team and global organization, finance, regulatory reporting, compliance, and executive presence / corporate governance. You will be based in the Republic of Ireland (either in our Cork office or remotely in the country).
- Be responsible for Finance deliverables and commitments in the EMEA region working with our centralized finance teams in the US (tax, treasury, accounting, FP&A etc.) and via close and effective collaboration with Product, Engineering, Pre-Approval Controlled Function (PCF) leaders, Business Management , Compliance and Legal to ensure we are managing our business prudently.
- Be responsible for the finance operations of various Remitly entities (primarily EMEA entities, but also certain US activities that have been centralized in Cork).
- Oversight of the statutory reporting compliance of Remitly’s EMEA entities, ensuring that all accounting, audit, tax and other filings are completed, accurately and timely, including effective partnership with external auditors.
- Through partnership with the Remitly’s Compliance and Legal functions, own and drive the finance-related responsibilities associated with our money transfer licenses and related compliance requirements with various financial regulators, including the Central Bank of Ireland, the UK Financial Conduct Authority, Dubai Financial Services Authority, and more as expansion continues.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the compliance landscape and proactively identify and plan for the impact to both existing processes and expected / future processes.
- Build a strong relationship with Remitly’s Global Tax function, to ensure ongoing compliance across all EMEA entities, and advise on tax impacts of ongoing international expansion.
- Lead and coordinate finance efforts for new entity launches, regulatory license applications in new jurisdictions and new product launches.
- Effectively lead and manage through a well-organized and diligent approach, aligned with both other EMEA leaders as well as our Global Finance Team.
- Maintain oversight of outsourced services provided to Remitly’s European entities.
- Manage entity level board reporting and policy governance for EMEA entities.
- Partner with European business owners and the Financial Planning & Analysis team to support annual budgeting, expense and headcount management
- 8+ years of progressive experience in an Accounting or Finance, including experience in management of a team of finance professionals
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting; CPA or Chartered Accountant required
- The successful candidate must qualify for the PCF-11 role (Head of Finance) with the Central Bank of Ireland under the fitness and probity regime
- International experience and FinTech industry experience highly valued
- Demonstrated knowledge of FRS 102 and US GAAP, current trends, and developments
- Experience succeeding in a dynamic, fast-paced, ambiguous, and highly entrepreneurial business environment
- Ability to drive results and partner with empathy across geographies and business units
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal) and partnership skills
- Some travel will be required.
- 34 days of vacation (including public holidays)
- Group private medical insurance with Irish Life & Health
- Group pension (6% contributed) and group income protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Learning and development benefits
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Something looks off?