Global Head of Tax(Seattle or US Remote)
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly's finance team is looking for a global leader and expert in tax, reporting to the Treasurer, who is excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in a fast-paced and scaling Company. This individual will lead efforts to help to minimize global tax risks while optimizing the global effective tax rates, streamline indirect tax compliance in the customer transaction cycle, and strategically plan for the future.
What You'll Do
- Lead a global team of 4+ tax professionals with a focus on both indirect and direct taxes for Remitly's global entities
- Provide oversight and for overall company tax affairs, including compliance, accounting for income taxes, technical research, process improvement, and risk and controls assessment
- Develop and lead global tax strategy goals
- Assess the tax impact of strategic initiatives in partnership with your internal partners
- Ensure compliance with US and international tax laws and regulations
- Identify tax risks and offer viable solutions to reduce the risks
- Ensure accounting for taxes in accordance with the relevant financial reporting framework
- Evaluate potential impact of tax legislation on the Company and recommend proper course of action
- Respond to tax audit inquiries including audits at the federal, state, local and foreign authorities
Who You Are:
- You have a bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or finance and 10+ years of professional experience in an accounting or finance role.
- Also bring a Master's degree, or law degree
- Experience working in Public accounting or with a public company
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $141,670-$190,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Something looks off?