Principal Product Manager, Risk
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard-earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Our Risk Product team creates and maintains our Fraud, Identity and AML platform. Our objective is to keep bad actors out of our system, while still providing exceptional customer experiences for our customers. Our existing product serves our Remittance business and we are building a platform which will serve all of Remitly’s product offerings; made up of an effective scoring system, step-up verifications, manual investigation tools.
We are looking for a product manager to own the vision, strategy, and execution of a significant portion of our risk system.
You will do this by partnering with engineers, program managers, analytics, finance, legal, compliance, and other product managers to create product experiences that protect our customers while delivering exponential value. You will be excellent at execution and driving momentum across the organization and will be accustomed to a model of fast and efficient iteration across multiple streams of work.
- Define risk product strategy, roadmap, and build a prioritization framework that captures relevant tradeoffs for the team while creating organizational alignment
- Own the customer experience within the context of risk, our scoring system which evaluates the risk of any given interaction, agent tools that are leveraged to make manual decisions, and the underlying platform which will be able to serve all of Remitly’s product offerings.
- Work at pace pace within an evolving, hands-on environment and advising on strategy for sustainable growth
- Understand the risk platform end to end, the APIs in our systems and the dependencies, and use this knowledge to iterate on our risk systems
- Stay informed about new products and experiences in payments and FinTech and share insights throughout the business.
- Report to the VP of Risk
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in managing product managers within the context of Fraud and AML risk.
- You're motivated by creating an outsized impact for our customers and business. You're excited to take on a variety of tasks to help your product and team be successful.
- Experience working with Machine learning teams and engineers
- You sweat the details to understand the impacts of these tradeoffs and find a careful balance between short-term outcomes and long-term implications.
- Located in Seattle, but open to remote work
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $153,190 - $202,210. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Something looks off?