IT Audit Senior- Seattle or US Remote
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is seeking an IT Audit Senior who can support the effort to establish and shape our IT SOX program. As a member of Internal Audit, you will be an internal control champion who works across Remitly's distributed system landscape to educate around SOX and IT general controls. Using your experience partnering with auditors, management team members, and process and control owners, you will roll up your sleeves to provide guidance on how to design and implement the SOX controls, define remediation plans, and provide oversight of outsourced testing resources.
This role will report into the IT Audit Manager and is remote-friendly.
- Assist with performing and documenting scoping of the IT SOX program.
- Provide guidance around IT processes, risks, and controls - both for IT general controls and IT-dependent business process controls such as application controls and report-reliant controls. This will include assisting with ongoing risk assessments, control advisory (this will be limited given this role will need to remain independent as a member of the Internal Audit team), evaluation of segregation of duties, and process improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with distributed IT teams (Corporate IT, Finance IT, Engineering) to advise on IT risk management and the ongoing evaluation and update of IT policies, procedures, SOPs, flowcharts, data flow diagrams, and narratives.
- Coordinate the execution of internal audits and the needs of internal and external auditors, including planning and coordinating walkthroughs, and testing of IT general controls, application controls, and key system-generated reports. This includes review of internal audit testing workpapers.
- Evaluate and ensure remediation of identified control deficiencies in a timely manner
- Oversee and support the SOC review program, including assisting to obtaining relevant SOC reports, coordinating with control owners for the performance of reviews, and providing status updates.
- Monitor for emerging risks and help project manage control design for new products, processes, system implementation, or emerging areas identified by the Internal Audit risk assessment, and work with process owners and projects teams to ensure appropriate internal controls are in place prior to launch.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as information systems, computer science, business, finance or accounting required
- Minimum experience of 2 years in internal or external auditing, with emphasis on IT auditing, preferably with public companies with complex IT environments or Big 4 accounting firms
- A detailed understanding of the general computer control areas and the IT governance framework (COBIT), Sarbanes Oxley, and the COSO framework
- Proven experience with evaluating security and controls on various on-premise, homegrown, and cloud-based technologies, with experience auditing DevOps and CI/CD environments that leverage AWS
- Solid communication skills, including a proven ability to articulate to others outside of Internal Audit (e.g. Finance, IT, and Engineering) complex IT risks, their impact, and the required action plans to address those risks
- One or more of the following professional certifications required: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP); Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- Experienced using spreadsheet, slide, and flowcharting tools
- Preferred: Financial technology or financial services experience
- Preferred: Experience with audit based data analytics
- Preferred: Experience with managing, implementing, and using audit and compliance management tools (e.g. AuditBoard)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details: The starting base pay for this position is typically $88,000-$99,000. In the U.S., Remitly
Employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share information about medical benefits offered,as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Something looks off?