Controllership - Accounting & Program Manager - Seattle or US Remote
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We're searching for an accomplished Accounting Manager with experience planning, tracking, reprioritizing, and optimizing resources across our Global Controllership at scale. This new role, reporting to the Director of Global Corporate Accounting, will spend their time in two areas: 1) traditional monthly close, to stay close to the operation, and 2) Controllership-level program management / resource management.
- Build a dynamic plan and resource management model for the Global Controllership. This plan will become a necessary part of our daily leadership routine, helping those leaders efficiently and effectively ensure our focus and results are on our highest value outcomes.
- Collaborate with other finance and business leaders on our overall project intake process, ensuring our priorities and growth areas that require Controllership support are well-planned for and resourced.
- Become an expert in our monthly close process, with a focus on pinch points, imbalances in the line, and individuals’ skills, to lead optimization opportunities and awareness for more engaging planning and resource modeling.
- Over time, become an expert on all aspects of corporate accounting processes, from top-line revenue and the complexities associated with the order-to-cash process and systems, to more traditional areas including foreign currencies, internally developed software, cloud computing arrangements, stock-based compensation, and transfer pricing.
- Help determine alternatives for product / improvement launches, assist with user acceptance testing, participate in product launch work sessions, build relationships, and lead an operating model with product, engineering, business teams and leadership read-outs.
- Lead and foster a culture of continuous improvement and change, helping ensure we evolve our accounting organization and underlying processes to accelerate scale and improve quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 5+ years of experience
- CPA and public accounting experience
- Project management experience and certifications preferred
- Lean / six-sigma / continuous improvement experience
- Experience working in NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $100,000-$120,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Something looks off?