Japanese Bilingual Customer Service Associate
The Customer Success Lab Associate (Japanese Bilingual) are Remitly ambassadors who earn customer loyalty by providing service that is personalized, convenient, and secure. They ensure high quality customer experience through a customer-centric mindset and their ownership of Customer Service management to ensure timely delivery of customer transactions.
A Customer Service Lab Associate is also expected to partner with various stakeholders in projects and/or initiatives that are aimed to promote better associate experience, tools enhancement, and customer experience. This person will be handling basic issues encountered by our customers in both sending and receiving remittances with primary focus placed on Japanese contacts but will not be limited to such. They are expected to be role models of Remitly’s cultural values who are always finding ways to enhance the customer journey.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT
- Answers queries from the Customer Service queue to ensure continuous learning of the Company’s processes.
- Receives incoming calls, emails, and chat from customers in a professional, timely and appropriate manner.
- Provides accurate resolution to all customers’ needs that is within predefined guidelines.
- Answers transferred calls from the CS team regarding transactions that are currently on review or resulted to dissatisfaction due to the review process.
- Documents all interaction and findings in Salesforce and CRM and other various documentation tools specific to Remitly Inc.
PROJECT AND/OR INITIATIVE SUPPORT
- Provides insights and learnings as driven by specific project needs
- Interacts and communicates effectively and timely with Program and/or Project Managers regarding findings, outcomes, and results of projects.
- Answers queries from the Team Manager, Program Specialist, Program Manager, and Product Manager ensure continuous learning of the Company’s processes.
Required Qualifications: List any education requirements, prior experience, knowledge, skills or abilities.
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) N2 Certified
- Able to Write and Understand Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji
- Strong Customer Service background is highly preferred but not required
- Graduate of any 4-year course in College or in University or its equivalent for Non-Filipino Applicants (ie Expatriates)
- At least 6 months experience in dealing directly with Japanese customers/culture
- Ease and proficiency in web navigation
- Satisfactory spoken and written communication skills in both English and Japanese languages
- Critical thinking and decision-processing skills
- Effective business writing skills
- Sales Experience Preferred
- High level of ease in conversing and processing thoughts with customers in English and Japanese languages
- Depending on mix, indicate and assess % of experience in various channels: (E.g., 50% in voice, chat and email)
- Demonstrate reliability in terms of work history, attendance, and punctuality
- Onsite office work
- Willing to work within a shifting schedule (every 3mos or as needed)
Something looks off?