Engineering Manager - Customer Success Technology
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As an Engineering Manager at Remitly, responsible for taking on complex technical and customer problems and creating great products. We use the latest languages, tools, and frameworks to build services based on scalable cloud architecture. Our startup work environment is mission-driven, and growing quickly.
Customer success engineering team manages both the digital and human support experience for Remitly, along with all products, services and tools it takes to deliver those experiences.
The Customer Success Technology Engineering Manager is an important member of the customer success team and will help ensure that we build the best tools to deliver a smooth customer experience. You will contribute to Engineering strategy, recruiting, culture, processes and projects across the CS engineering team and Remitly. This role is perfect for someone looking to have a broader impact and responsibility.
- Provide Technical Leadership and lead complex, long term, cross-team engineering efforts.
- Work with the customer success team to identify and understand customer and customer support pain points and develop solutions to address them
- Set the technical vision for customer success team and partner with engineers of other team's to set broader technical vision
- You explain the options and tradeoffs between schedule, features, and quality across interdependent systems, and make sound technical decisions
- You will deploy your expertise in technical writing, distributed systems architecture, coding, and software development processes to achieve amazing things for the team.
- Be a role model in upholding Remitly's cultural values and use them as a framework to mentor other engineers across the company to achieve their full potential.
- You will help set and hire against a high engineering talent bar for the team.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java, Go, Python.
- 8+ years of overall software development experience including leading development of reliable, available and scalable distributed systems (preferably using a Microservices architecture).
- Experience as a technical leader on complex engineering projects with several engineers and working in partnership with one or more partners such as Product Managers, Designers or Data Scientists.
- Experience driving and building long term technical strategy across multiple engineering teams.
- Experience mentoring engineers up to Senior levels.
- Experience with technical interviewing candidates for all levels up to Senior.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $187,500 - $225,0000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Something looks off?