Engineering Manager, Treasury (Seattle or U.S. Remote)
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Treasury Business and Treasury Engineering own the underlying systems that fund all of Remitly’s transactions, allow us to understand and control profitability, and scalably comply with money-sending regulations. This is a critical part of Remitly’s operations – absolutely required for us to be able to conduct business. We're searching for an Engineering Manager to lead a group of engineers focused on providing data and tooling to our Treasury Business team members.
You should apply if you like: hard technical problems (We actually use DFS and cycle detection! What's the right way to change schemas on an extremely large table? What's the right testing strategy for a nuanced and business-critical internal system?), learning about the world of Finance (very interesting and constantly surprising), and ownership of large and important scope (both technical and managerial).
You will lead approximately 4 software engineers who are expected to be a part of a team comprised of 2 dynamic squads focused on Finance Engineering. You'll report to the Engineering Manager of Treasury Eng and Finance Data Platform.
As an Engineering Manager, you will ensure the group is making solid technical decisions by evaluating code quality and system design. You'll set goals, assign responsibilities, and hold team members accountable by intimately understanding your teams' product areas. You'll manage the team's hiring plan and the growth and development of the engineers on the team. In partnership with the team's PM, you'll own the quarterly planning and execution of the team's roadmap.
- Manage a squad of approximately 4 software engineers
- Collaborate with Treasury Data Analytics on turning vast data sets of transaction event information into timely and digestible sources that FX risk, pricing, and FX trading strategy decisions will be based on
- Collaborate with the FX Trading and Cash Management teams to ensure they can complete and accurately record funds transfers of $100M+ daily
- Collaborate with Accounting, Reconciliation, and Finance Data Platform teams to contribute to overall Finance Product goals of data completeness, accuracy, and consistency
- Collaborate with many other teams within Remitly to ensure that all of the former partners have their needs met by any new or existing business lines, and that Treasury can support "upstream" teams in launching or improving business lines
- Work to execute the product roadmap and ensure agreement on our goals
- Guide the development process, including architecture, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of key parts of the new product
- Mentor and coach team members to achieve their full potential and help them grow in their careers
- Build and maintain a culture that attracts and retains top engineering talent
- Continuously improve the engineering processes, tools, and methodologies to ensure productivity and quality
- 9+ years of applied experience in engineering, and making technical decisions
- 1+ years experience managing teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong alignment to our mission and values and the ability to build a strong team culture
- Demonstrated ability to hire, grow, and develop engineers up to Senior but preferably Principal Engineers and Engineering managers
- You have the ability to evaluate system design for their scalability, reliability and maintainability
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $159,090 -$210,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Something looks off?