Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
You will report to the Global Compliance team and support Remitly's obligation to oversee its financial partners. Your role is crucial to maintaining a compliant partner network and identifying potential risks to Remitly's business and reputation. A typical day would include coordination with external partners to collect due diligence documents, analyzing partner compliance programs for risks, drafting due diligence reports, organizing supporting documentation, discussing technical compliance matters with partner compliance teams, responding to due diligence review requests from partners, and monitoring adverse media alerts.
You will also support other regulatory compliance tasks such as leading compliance monitoring reviews, pulling reports for regulatory reporting, assisting in onsite compliance reviews at partner headquarters, and preparing responses to law enforcement requests.
You will be based out of Remitly's Managua, Nicaragua office and remote.
- Manage communication with partners to request and follow up on due diligence documentation.
- Assess a partner's compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices as well as identify risks through analysis of due diligence documentation from partners and external research.
- Draft comprehensive due diligence reports detailing analysis of a partner's compliance, financial, and reputation risks.
- Review and investigate ongoing adverse media alerts on partners.
- Assess country level AML/CTF risk of a partner's distribution network.
- Complete due diligence questionnaires and information received from partners.
- Assist periodic onsite evaluations at partner headquarters in LATAM.
- Lead ad-hoc compliance monitoring reviews and help implement corrective actions.
- Assist the Global Compliance Team with projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- 5+ years of experience with AML, CTF, KYC, sanctions and other regulatory requirements; preferably in a fintech, banking, or payments processor space.
- 5+ years of experience either overseeing or directly contributing to compliance programs.
- Experience assessing or auditing compliance programs for adherence to regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Experience with payments products, services, and operations.
- Substantive knowledge of applicable AML regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Experience communicating directly with external partners.
- Experience organizing and managing multiple high priority tasks on an ongoing basis.
- English and Spanish language skills.
- CAMS or AML certifications are a bonus.
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.