Operational Resilience Manager
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As the Operational Resilience Manager, you will be positioned in the 1st line of defense. The main objective of the role is to ensure that Remitly Inc. has a robust Operational Resilience framework and culture in place supporting multiple functions across the organization. You will coordinate the Operational Resilience Program going forward and will report into the Finance Transformation department and can be fully remote or onsite. The key responsibilities are:
- Framework Development & Oversight
- Responsible for the stewardship & ongoing development and implementation of Remitly’s Operational Resilience Framework and supporting policies.
- Develop, oversee, and coordinate an annual Operational Resilience action plan with the management team.
- Support and advise service providers and oversight functions in the execution of Operational Resilience plans.
- Metrics, Management Information (MI) & Board Reporting
- Develop, monitor, and challenge impact tolerances annually for critical/important business services.
- Collate, report, and challenge quarterly Operational Resilience Management Information on behalf of the Management Team to ensure that Remitly’ s critical business services are identified, and underlying dependencies are activities are correctly mapped and assessed.
- Co-ordinate annual testing of Remitly’s ability to respond to plausible but severe Operational Resilience scenarios.
- Develop and produce an annual Operational Resilience report for the Board that gives assurance that Remitly can recover from Operational disruption.
- Respond and manage all regulatory requirements and requests on Operational Resilience.
- Continuous Operational Improvement
- Continually strengthen Remitly’s capabilities to respond in the event of an operational failure and demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Complete annual lessons learned exercise that identifies areas for enhancement to reduce single points of failure.
- Relationship Management & Integration of Existing Processes
- Link and strengthen existing capabilities to include but not be limited to, outsourcing oversight, Incident Management, Crisis Management, IT Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity Management and Communications.
- Ongoing training to all Remitly staff and Board as the Operational Resilience Framework is developed.
- 7+ years of experience in Financial Services preferably a FinTech
- 5+ years of experience in 1st Line of Defense role as Risk & Control Officer
- Strong experience in financial services, specifically business continuity or a related risk role.
- Be an experienced leader and a proven Continuity risk or Operational risk specialist, with knowledge of Operational Resilience risk assessment and controls management, including an understanding of relevant regulatory guidance and industry best practice.
- Proven experience collaborating across multiple functions in multiple locations experience interacting and delivering on Regulatory reviews.
- Flexible time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $104,000-$130,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.