Corporate Counsel - Seattle or US Remote
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is looking for a Corporate Counsel, Commercial Contracts to support our global business with e-commerce, commercial contracts, and Paas/IaaS/SaaS contracts. As Corporate Counsel for our rapidly growing global business, you will work with and report to our Senior Corporate Counsel and be part of our dynamic legal team based in Seattle. You will also be part of a supportive and close-knit local business group, establishing a world-class legal function for a fast-growing financial services company.
- Draft, maintain, negotiate, and review a high volume and broad range of agreements including SaaS contracts, professional services agreement, partner agreements and NDAs.
- Analyze and advise on complex commercial legal issues, including those related to data privacy, intellectual property, finance, employee benefits, security, technology, development, data licensing, SaaS, and corporate communications.
- Assist in creating and improving agreements, templates, and policies for Remitly as we develop new products and enter new markets.
- Scale existing legal contracting processes and training practices and help develop new processes and practices by leveraging technology.
- An active membership in a United States state bar.
- 3+ years experience of transactional legal experience either at a global law firm or in-house (preferably financial services or technology company).
- Experience providing legal support for general commercial, technology, licensing, professional services, and SaaS transactions.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to travel, if needed.
- Knowledge of and curiosity to master sophisticated vendor, contract and document management software.
- Generalist knowledge of data privacy and experienced handling and dealing with data privacy related questions when negotiating Data Processing Agreements is required.
- Experience with payments, technical data, and/or privacy regulation.
- Working knowledge of the fintech industry.
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $128,000-$160,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.