Program Manager, Legal
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with our remittance services. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role
As a Legal Program Manager at Remitly, you're responsible for the vision, strategy, roadmap, and delivery of game changing products that delight our customers worldwide. You're a collaborator with a broad range of skills; you can talk technology with developers, numbers with finance and analytics, execution with operations and business strategy with leadership. You're a subject matter expert and fierce customer advocate with keen market insight.
- Responsible for strategic projects involving global expansion, licensing, regulatory compliance, payments, business development, M&A, treasury, tax, employment/HR, contract management, corporate governance and other teams.
- Look for opportunities to improve processes that will positively impact the legal team and its counterparts and help us scale.
- Provide technical expertise in preparing reports and summaries, creating and maintaining templates, analysis, and management briefings.
- Assist with due diligence, document preparation and execution, and closing and integration for acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
- Assist on corporate compliance matters for Remitly's various US and international subsidiaries.
- 2-4 years of paralegal or project management experience, ideally at a major law firm and/or in-house at a public company.
- Loves sizing up unstructured or ad hoc situations and working with our Senior Legal Program Manager to create a strategy to build processes that improve accuracy or efficiency, while remaining flexible and adaptable.
- Has experience and is comfortable working alongside senior management and outside counsel.
- Is a team player who is also proactive in identifying areas of need, and generating recommended action plans.
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically 104,000-130,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.