Senior Fullstack Development Engineer
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role
To succeed in this role, you should enjoy being in a startup environment and working hands-on with engineers and product teams across the company. You'll be member of a team in Kraków, which is part of a bigger global team. You'll be reporting to an Engineering Manager. Our stack is backend micro-services with simple front-end applications for back-office needs. You will contribute to development to different elements of these applications. This will include building foundations for new UI and new backend components and sun setting existing UIs. This role is an opportunity to be involved in early stages of a product lifecycle.
- Work in a product team building a great software based on metrics rather than just delivering features
- Work in a 'you build it, you run it' environment, creating backend and frontend features
- Collaborate with all product roles, including other engineers product managers, designers, analytics, and business to provide the best experience for our customers
- Be part of Remitly Engineering culture by adding customer value, partnering with and mentoring others, creating and reviewing technical specifications, interviewing more excellent engineers as yourself and more
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience working on and shipping full stack features or products and proficiency with both back-end and front-end development.
- Understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms.
- Interest in front-end development, especially in following technologies: React, React Native, TypeScript.
- Familiarity with data storage technologies
- Familiarity or interest in learning about operations, especially Kubernetes and AWS
- Collaborated and worked in product teams
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Unlimited paid time off, subject to approval
- min. 26 days paid holidays + additional Remitly days off
- Royalties (KUP)
- Hybrid or remote work arrangements with an office in a Kraków City Centre
- Commuting to work expense/remote work expenses reimbursement
- Health/Dental Coverage - LUX MED VIP for employee and family
- Life Insurance
- Travel insurance for employee and family
- Sodexo Lunch Card/Multisport
- Education / Conferences Budget
- Equipment of your choice
- Mental health program for employee and their dependents
- Family planning program
- Employee Pension Plan (PPK)
- Headphones Reimbursement
- Referral bonus scheme
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.