Technical Project Manager
Join a winning, innovation-driven team that plays an important role in promoting financial inclusion and equal opportunities for all. Remitly Israel (formerly Rewire) is a leading digital financial services provider for immigrants.
Motivated by our vision to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial services on the planet, we strive to create a secure financial future for international workers in Israel and their families abroad.
At Remitly, we push forward and aim for the stars. We hire top talents and invest in promoting their career by providing opportunities, challenges, and a great work environment that places an important emphasis on work-life balance.
As a technical project manager on our team, you will have the opportunity to take part in developing a cutting edge application that has a real impact on hundreds of thousands of customers' lives.
You will be responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams developing customer facing products. Defining and implementing R&D KPIs and metrics to support team’s productivity and velocity improvement to assure all plans are delivered on time with high quality.
About the role:
- Focus on managing projects using Agile methodologies. Embrace Agile values and principles, emphasizing iterative delivery, flexibility, and collaboration.
- Implementing and managing the release process from development to testing and then finally to the production environments.
- Proactively work to improve KPIs by analyzing workflows and collecting metrics that can help quantify engineering productivity and velocity.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Developers, BA/BI and QA to consolidate all features and improvements that are being released and keep an up-to-date roadmap representation of past, current, and future releases.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Set project schedules and milestones, monitor progress and work cross-functionally to ensure on-time completion of development milestones,
- Adjust project scopes and timelines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Enable collaboration and communication within the teams. Foster a self-organizing team environment, encourage cross-functional collaboration, and empower the teams to make decisions and solve problems collectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or other related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience managing projects in global development environments with multi-function and remote teams.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to evaluate complex project risks and issues accurately and objectively.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices with the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Can-do approach, ability to work independently, learn and move fast, and build very strong work relationships
- Detail-oriented and thorough; you’re a proactive self-starter who is able to effectively juggle multiple deliverables and projects in a highly fluid work environment
- Thrive in fast-paced environments, troubleshooting issues in real-time and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
- A strong executor, get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- Solid understanding and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools like Jira
- Have a proactive approach, take ownership and strive for success.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication and presentation skills with high proficiency in English
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.