Deputy Compliance Officer, US
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role:
We're looking for a Deputy Compliance Officer, reporting to the Director of Americas Compliance, to support our US operations (Seattle preferred, remote or hybrid eligible). You will work with engineering, program, product, legal, and operations teams to adapt Remitly's services and operations to new business opportunities and changing regulatory requirements. You will ensure Remitly manages the compliance risks that it faces, balancing operating effectiveness, customer experience, and regulatory concerns to arrive at the right compliance outcomes.
If you're passionate about compliance and have experience managing regulatory risks in the financial services industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity and join us in making a difference in the lives of our customers and communities!
- Monitor the regulatory horizon, assessing and advising on impact to our business and driving responsive programs;
- Collaborate with global program leaders to accelerate global programs that are both scalable and responsive to local requirements;
- Develop/localize and implement compliance policies; contribute to the continuous improvement of the compliance control framework and assurance program;
- Maintain mechanisms for ongoing risk assessment of our operations in light of compliance obligations and work with business leaders across the organization to design and implement risk treatment plans;
- Manage relationships with state and federal regulators and payment processing partners, engaging to build productive relationships and resolving inbound inquiries;
- Deliver comprehensive regular reporting on the status of the compliance program and related projects to senior leadership, including Subsidiary and Group Board of Directors and Senior Management.
- 8+ years of experience leading compliance programs in financial services, with subject matter expertise in anti-money laundering (AML) compliance
- Ability and comfort working in white-space to create compliance frameworks and solutions
- A record of operational leadership, able to both set strategy and work with teams to design and deliver on implementation
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $120,000-$150,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.