IT SOX PMO Manager
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role:
We are looking for an IT SOX PMO Manager to work in our SOX program management office, helping evolve and mature the IT SOX function for Remitly Inc. You will work across the company to ensure that the SOX PMO provides support to 1st LOD while working with 2nd and 3rd LOD to ensure our SOX Program is evolving with the company as we acquire businesses, build new products, and implement new systems and controls. This role will be responsible for leading the IT pillar within the SOX PMO. This position will report into the Head of SOX within the Finance Transformation department, and is a hybrid position.
- Work closely with Head of SOX, process and control owners (1st LOD), Internal Audit, and Remitly's external auditors to understand IT processes, risks, and controls in areas such as access, change management, third party risk, and key reports & spreadsheets
- Help translate IT SOX compliance / internal controls over financial reporting requirements and coordinate with 1st LOD technology, security, and engineering teams and 2nd LOD technology governance, risk, and compliance teams
- Assist with SOX risk assessment and system scoping
- Assist 1st LOD with designing IT processes and controls to mitigate financial reporting risks from initiation through reporting, and provide guidance / advisory around SOX control readiness for business-as-usual IT processes
- Advise on SOX control readiness for new initiatives, system deployments, automation projects, etc
- Participate in walkthroughs / test of design and related preparation, and coordinate with 1st LOD to respond to and provide 404a/b audit requests/questions
- Assist with SOX documentation and related activities, such as reviewing and updating process flowcharts and risk-control matrices (RCMs), pre-reviewing control evidence, and providing guidance / advisory to control owners on whether the evidence is complete and fit for purpose
- For issues identified, assist management in assessing root cause, materiality, likelihood, and impact, identifying and helping with appropriate substantive procedures to support the external auditors, documenting within SAB99 and other internal memos as needed, communicating the pertinent details to Internal Audit and external auditors, and recommend appropriate remediation activities and following up on progress of remediation
- Coordinate and assist with key report and spreadsheet control design and execution/validation
- Coordinate the SOC report review efforts across the SOX landscape, and assist reviewers with completing SOC report reviews
- Coordinate the SOX SOD and fraud risk assessments
- Support the 302 sub-certification / control confirmation process supporting disclosure committee and 302 / 906 sign-off
- Assist with developing, revising, and delivering training around SOX topics to the SOX stakeholder community, including process and control owners
- Assist with preparing content and materials for SOX oversight committees
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Information Systems, or related field or experience (IT SOX audits)
- 4+ years of experience in Accounting, Information Systems, or related field or experience (IT SOX audits)
- Good working knowledge of internal control frameworks and standards, such as COSO and SOX
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP is preferred
- High level of English proficiency is required
- Global cross-functional teams, and external consultants
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $144,000-$180,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.