Senior Technical Program Manager - Enterprise Risk Management
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role:
This role will be based in Seattle, WA and will work on a hybrid schedule. We are looking for an Enterprise Risk Program Manager to lead the continued development and scale the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program for Remitly Global. Reporting directly to the Director of ERM, you will be instrumental in strengthening our risk management framework and enhancing our strategic risk management capabilities on an international scale.
You will help to develop risk identification and measurement tools as well as the deployment of risk management tools and practices. We are looking for someone with a background in board reporting, proficiency in using Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tools, and experience in engaging with risk owners across various levels of the organization.
- Prepare clear, insightful risk reports for the board and senior management, ensuring they are informed about the organization's risk profile and mitigation strategies.
- Help to initiate and manage the annual risk assessment process resulting in the establishment and/or revision of Remitly's highest risks and opportunities that could impair and/or advance the achievement of the Company's mission, vision, and strategic goals. Collaborate with risk owners across the organization to identify and assess risks, develop mitigation strategies, and monitor risk responses.
- Grow our Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tools to identify, assess, and monitor risks. Ensure that these tools are used to their full potential in streamlining our risk management processes.Work with control mechanisms and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to track and report on risks, ensuring that they align with our risk appetite and business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in risk management, with a track record in board reporting, using GRC tools, and working with controls and KRIs.
- 3+ years of experience in high-growth financial services.
- Understanding of strategic risk management principles and experience scaling ERM programs.
- Experience communicating with global stakeholders, taking into account cultural context, data, and other factors.
- Experience working with complex data and forming a compelling, educational narrative for internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience utilizing data visualization to turn raw data into a storytelling tool.
- Proficient in risk management software.
- Experience creating functional and organizational processes to manage policies and procedures and governance forums.
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $128,000-$160,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.