Director, Sales Engineering
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Replicant was founded on the belief that machines are ready to have useful, complex conversations that will transform the way they interact with the world, starting with customer service.
As the leader in Contact Center Automation, Replicant helps companies automate their most common customer service calls while empowering agents to focus on more complex and nuanced customer challenges. Replicant's AI platform allows consumers to engage in natural conversations across voice, messaging and other digital channels to resolve their customer support issues, without the wait, 24/7. We are now leading the way in using Large Language Models (LLMs) to transform customer service- again.
If you're excited by AI, ChatGPT, LLMs and want to make an impact with other great technologists and strong go-to-market leaders, then look no further. We've grown our team by 3x, increased revenue by 4x, and were named a top enterprise AI company by The Information. We currently serve Fortune 500 customers, run millions of AI calls per month in production, and are increasing our footprint globally.
We’re looking for a Senior Director, Sales Engineering to grow and lead the Sales Engineering team at Replicant. In addition to managing a team, you will work directly with our sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate sales cycles, and close business.
Replicant is picking up traction with customer service organizations across the B2B sector in insurance, travel and hospitality, healthcare, transportation, logistics, and more. The Sales Engineering team’s mandate is partnering with Account Executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles. As the Sr. Director, you will help lead a team of experienced sales and demo engineers with close collaboration with sales, marketing, product, and delivery teams to ensure successful customer engagements. The ideal candidate is an experienced (10+ years) technical sales leader who has a deep understanding of enterprise solutions and communicates complex technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for gathering customer requirements, staying up-to-date on the latest technology trends in various industries, and bringing customer needs back to our product team to create innovative solutions
- Mentor and manage a team of sales engineers, and have the opportunity to attend customer meetings and provide technical support to our Account Executives
- Collaborate with Implementation and Delivery teams to develop solutions and/or deliver training that exceed our customers expectations
- Work cross-functionally with our product and engineering teams to drive innovation
- Interpret complex problems, create simple solutions and collaborate closely with prospects, channel partners and our sales team to deliver winning solutions
- Partner with sales leadership to achieve regional quota targets, goals and ensure relationships are built
What You'll Bring
- Solutions/Presales Engineering experience (10+ years), preferably with enterprise level customers
- Prior experience growing and managing a sales engineering team
- Experience working with REST APIs, Authentication (OAuth 2.0 and Basic)
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Vibrant and energetic attitude, willingness to perform and get things done
- Experience with enterprise tools like Salesforce and Zendesk experience is a plus
- Call center experience is a plus
For all employees, we offer:
🏠 Remote working environment that respects time zone differences
💸 Highly competitive salaries, equity, and for US Employees, a 401(k) plan
🏥 Top of the line healthcare (medical, vision, and dental)
🏋🏼♀️ Health and Wellness Perk
🖥️ Equipment Stipend
🌴 Flexible vacation policy
✈️ Amazing team trips & offsites where you can find our CEO baking bread for the team
🌺 Replicants are eligible for a 5-week sabbatical after being at the company for 4.5 years
Replicant has three core values. It is critical that everyone who joins the team feels excited and moved by these values as every new team member makes an impact on our culture.
Blade Runners: We take ownership and pride to influence the outcomes of our goals. We are successful, and like a Blade Runner, use the tools at our disposal to reach our objectives. We value open and honest communication and proactively seek feedback along the way. We are a company driven to grow and achieve both individually and as a team.
Bread Makers: We are humble and strive toward an egalitarian culture. No task is too big or too small. We work together to achieve our goals and develop our company mission. We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts in everything that we do.
Självdistans (Self-Distance): Självdistans is Swedish for self-distance. It's the ability to critically reflect on oneself and one's relations from an external perspective. With this in mind, we act with objectivity and always remember that we are not our work. There's no perfect science to growing a team or business, but we trust everyone at Replicant to point out our blind spots and humbly admit their own.