Engineering Manager, Self-Service Team
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Replicant was founded on the belief that machines are ready to have useful, complex conversations that will transform the way they interact with the world, starting with customer service.
As the leader in Contact Center Automation, Replicant helps companies automate their most common customer service calls while empowering agents to focus on more complex and nuanced customer challenges. Replicant's AI platform allows consumers to engage in natural conversations across voice, messaging and other digital channels to resolve their customer support issues, without the wait, 24/7. We are now leading the way in using Large Language Models (LLMs) to transform customer service- again.
If you're excited by AI, ChatGPT, LLMs and want to make an impact with other great technologists and strong go-to-market leaders, then look no further. We've grown our team by 3x, increased revenue by 4x, and were named a top enterprise AI company by The Information. We currently serve Fortune 500 customers, run millions of AI calls per month in production, and are increasing our footprint globally.
Are you ready to make your mark on the future of Conversational AI? Here at Replicant, we're not just creating technology; we're pioneering an industry. We're seeking a high impact Engineering Manager to lead the charge in transforming our state-of-the-art virtual call center platform
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced leader to build a new team that will deliver an incredibly strategic project: adding self-service capabilities to our industry leading virtual call center agent platform. You will use the power of LLMs combined with fantastic UX to make the process of building virtual agents accessible to non-experts.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, Engineering Leadership peers and your team to build self-service capabilities on top of our virtual agent platform
- Run a well organized team:
- Create and foster a shared mission that drives your team toward a common goal
- Manage and prioritize work through a rigorous, yet lightweight, agile process
- Provide mentorship, feedback and guidance for your team members through the creation of individualized growth plans and measurable goals
- Use your technical expertise to provide leadership and oversight of projects on your team
- Guiding architecture/design decisions
- Provide thorough and thoughtful code reviews
- Occasionally commit some code on non-critical path projects
- Build and support a collaborative working culture in a remote-first environment
What You'll Bring
- You have 2+ years of experience leading remote software engineering teams
- You're used to ownership and accountability and have driven the execution of high-value projects end-to-end
- You have a strong background driving customer facing innovation for B2B SaaS products, you’ve built novel things and shipped them to end users. You know how to build a product that balances the needs of users, strategic goals and technical debt
- You have excellent planning and communication skills and a vivid imagination. You’ve been able to translate abstract ideas into meaningful and incremental plans that your team can align on
- You’re here to grow your team. The day-to-day is more than just tickets and you can speak to a well-established process for growth as well as the promotions you’ve championed
- A passion for making leadership and product decisions with data. You know your way around JIRA, Sheets and other tools and carve out the data you need to help inform key decisions
- A passion for increasing team velocity, predictability and satisfaction by implementing and coaching development processes, like Agile, TDD, etc
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) methodologies and ceremonies. You're a fan of incremental improvement culture and celebrating success
Join us and redefine the boundaries of what's possible with contact center automation. Deliver unparalleled value to our customers at scale and shape the trajectory of our product. This isn't just a job, it's an opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in the Conversational AI industry. Let's revolutionize communication together!
For all employees, we offer:
🏠 Remote working environment that respects time zone differences
💸 Highly competitive salaries, equity, and for US Employees, a 401(k) plan
🏥 Top of the line healthcare (medical, vision, and dental)
🏋️ Health and Wellness Perk
🖥️ Equipment Stipend
🌴 Flexible vacation policy
✈️ Amazing team trips & offsites where you can find our CEO baking bread for the team
🌺 Replicants are eligible for a 5-week sabbatical after being at the company for 4.5 years
Replicant has three core values. It is critical that everyone who joins the team feels excited and moved by these values as every new team member makes an impact on our culture.
Blade Runners: We take ownership and pride to influence the outcomes of our goals. We are successful, and like a Blade Runner, use the tools at our disposal to reach our objectives. We value open and honest communication and proactively seek feedback along the way. We are a company driven to grow and achieve both individually and as a team.
Bread Makers: We are humble and strive toward an egalitarian culture. No task is too big or too small. We work together to achieve our goals and develop our company mission. We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts in everything that we do.
Självdistans (Self-Distance): Självdistans is Swedish for self-distance. It's the ability to critically reflect on oneself and one's relations from an external perspective. With this in mind, we act with objectivity and always remember that we are not our work. There's no perfect science to growing a team or business, but we trust everyone at Replicant to point out our blind spots and humbly admit their own.